Suggest a Psi/Nature build?

CFIndustries

Anyone have a build they'd like to share for a Psi/Nature corruptor?

Been enjoying it quite a bit even on SOs and figure it be worth investing in taking it up a notch. 🙂

Since I've been asked before, my wish list includes the Flight Pool (Hover and Fly) amd the Concealment Pool (Stealth). The stealth is there admittedly for the visual/concept (completely invisible except when attacking), but concepts are how I play (so a stealth IO doesn't work conceptually is it's visually not complete invisibility).

But feel free to suggest other variations that I could modify myselt to suit.

THANKS!

Edited by CFIndustries

• CFIndustries changed the title to Suggest a Psi/Nature build?
  • 2 weeks later

Note: I have not played this build... so I am not sure how well it will work.  I don't really like Hover in a Nature build, but it's what you were looking for.  I just wanted to give perhaps a decent starting block where you could tweak if you want.

Nature has some great resists so I tried to capitalize on that.  Additionally, I wanted a solid ST DPS chain, which it has in: Lance -> Domination -> Will Dominate.  There's a hold in there so it splashes some CC in the ST chain which helps.  Between Wail and Scramble, you should have some nice CC which combined with your resists should keep you mostly safe.  Mass Hypnosis is great if you want to lead off, or handle ambushes and adds, for one slot, you put a whole mob to sleep.

Overgrowth takes care of hitting +4 mobs and is up over 80% of the time.  When it's down, you're going to suffer a little, but still can likely hit what you need. 

Defenses are not capped, but will when you are on a team, at least to ranged and again, you have SOLID resistances to most damage and healing to make sure you stay in the fight.  

To teams you provide: 
17.7% resistance to all damage
4% Defense
13% To hit bonus
66% Damage buff
56% Endurance discount
and if you drop spores on someone, some light healing and end gain.

image.thumb.png.dcd7b7d55e689e12e396c836c9ce58a5.png

Now, if you want more recharge, the ST attacks are slotted mostly for high damage with Lance and Dominate being mostly procs.  You could swap out sets there and get some more recharge and damage.  You can drop Hypnosis and put in infiltrate with a LoTG there.   Other slotting options would be to drop the Build Up proc in Dominate and put another damage proc there.  

Some people dislike Entangling Aura, I think it's a brilliant power which keeps minions from swarming you.  You don't have to run it all the time, but when you need it, it's fantastic.  However, that would be the first power on the chopping block if you wanted to add back in Scream for more AOE.  It also is a way to stack Mag on bosses for when you use Dominate on them.  Still it's always an option if you decide against it later.

When leveling, put more slots into Stamina and Health until you get Overgrowth to be reliably active.  Until then, you need the END.

As for incarnates, I never plan for them.  I don't really like the Incarnate phase of the game that much but do play it.  It's just that I don't plan builds around having them available to you.  However, I would assume you would want to have Musculature Radial or Cardiac Radial.  Assault Radial.  Ion.  Degenerative, Probably Barrier.

Have fun!  Hope it works out and you enjoy it!

fYFZG9gyBLE.png
View This Build In MRB

Edited by BitCook

Finally, for those of you wondering what it looks like as a Defender... (Note: Power order was done quickly to see the comparison)
Snag_1147272.thumb.png.0fef5726a1ada14f0654049a1be59e06.png

vs, a corrupter

Snag_114eca3.thumb.png.603fb5f58dbca33a15f70bc9ddcaf0b7.png

Solo they will do about the same damage with the Corrupter pulling ahead by a couple percent due to scourge.

The Defender will provide better buffs which looks something like this:
To teams you provide: 
23.63% resistance to all damage
5.4% Defense
17% To hit bonus
82.5% Damage buff
74.5% Endurance discount
and if you drop spores on someone, some light healing and end gain.

I'd probably go Defender with this character as I don't see a ton of need for the corruptors advantages.  The Corrupter will do more AOE on a team, but ST is pretty much a wash with the defender doing better solo.

DPS Defender (Team / Solo)
Will Dom - 182.6 /  201.9 DPS
Lance - 330.2 / 349 DPS
Dom - 282.4 / 292.2 DPS

Tornado - 61.8 / 68.3 DPS

Wail - 212.5 / 234.6 DPS

DPS Corrupter (Note: This does not account for scourge which can add about 15-18% average total damage on hard targets)
Wil Dom - 207.2 DPS
Lance - 343.5 DPS

Dom - 288.4 DPS

Tornado - 67 DPS

Wail - 230 DPS

Edited by BitCook

There is still a bug in Scramble.  It does not take Damage sets, in game.  Unless they fixed that recently.

But if it did, you could put the other AT set in there... or a purp set.  Lots of choices.

Edit: Just tested and that looks like it's fixed now!  Woo!

Edited by BitCook

Tested the Build.  It works just fine.  Very durable.  Clears 54s without incarnate powers.  Died to Chimera, but I think that was more of my play than the build.  Will have to test that more.  Although, with incarnates, it should be a breeze since the hold is the only thing that really gives you pause.