Twisted Metal (TV Series)

So, I guess the games-to-TV pipeline is happening post Last Of Us.

Sadly I haven't had the call up to star or even cameo as DW in Paragon yet (and dear goddess, I'm not sure I could breathe in the appropriate costume these days, and my ankles hurt just thinking about the boots.)

But - never played this one either - do we think fun?

Not much to go on yet, except it's billed as Action/Comedy and teams Anthony Mackie (aka Captain America v2.0/The Falcon) with Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Stephanie Beatriz. What I'm guessing is the iconic scary clown is played in body by "Samoa Joe" Senoa, and voiced by Will Arnett. 

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

14 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

But - never played this one either - do we think fun?

I don't remember this particular game, but as former player of Car Wars back in my TTRPG gaming days I am definitely a fan of the genre.

There was a game around the same time that CoH/V was new called Auto Assault, I think, which was having a go at making basically a Car Wars/Mad Max competitive MMO thing. I wonder what ever happened to it. I remember it being fun, but plagued with tech and/or balance problems.

Edit:

Oh! Snap!

It was NCSOFT, I guess that explains what happened to it! 🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_Assault

Anyway, looks like they got the tone right, and Mackie is good at the sort of tongue-in-cheek bravado that makes silly things like these entertaining.

Bonus points for the hero shot of the car CD player.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Had to look it up, as I never played it. I can see why, as it is not really in my range of interests.  From what I saw of game clips on YouTube it looks like a cross between the crazy humor of the Evil Dead movies and the apocalyptic vehicle fights of the Mad Max movies, with a liberal dose of coulrophobia.

I like Mackey, but I'm on the fence about seeing this.  I'm pretty sure I can name at least a dozen games, both active and deceased, that I'd have thought would make the screen first.

I think I played Auto Assault for about five minutes in beta and it was okay…ish, but never coughed up for it. Seems to have been a wise choice.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.