Ouroborous mission levels

thunderforce

I had a query from someone who had run the Superadine Ring via Ouroborous, expecting to get the level 16-19 challenge badges such as Headstrong, because it is in the level 16-19 bracket in the Ouroborous interface.They received no badge and their teammate received the level 1-14 badges. (I didn't ask if they had the level 1-14 badges already, but it seems likely.)

On looking, some arcs in Oroborous seem to be misclassified. For example, The Clockwork Captive and Bonefire now appear in the level 16-19 bucket, although both were originally given by contacts in the level range 10-15. However, I ran The Clockwork Captive with "no inspirations", was exemplared to 15, and received the "Cliche" badge, the level 1-14 badge.

I suspect this may be related to the item in the SCORE patch notes which begins "Adjusted the Ouroboros level "buckets" so the first one (1-15) is split into 1-9 and 10-14 ..."

I submit that it is a clear bug if Ouroborous missions do not award challenge badges for the level bracket that they occupy in the Ouroborous interface.

While less important, I also submit that it is undesirable behaviour to have missions placed in brackets in this way. Not only is this not in accordance with returning players' memories of the actual levels for arcs, it means that sometimes a mission from "16-19" exemplars you to 20, sometimes to 15. While not every mission's level range fits neatly into the "multiples of 5" scheme, all the ones that do in a given bracket ought to exemplar you to the same level.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.