Earth/Nature build

scott042

Hi all, I'm looking for a decent Earth/Nature build to use on my baby controller. I've read people extolling the virtues of this pairing, but feel like I'm just picking powers at random as I level (currently 27).  I'm not experienced enough to know all the good 'troller IO sets yet and would be thankful for any advice you all can give me.

I just created an Earth/NA myself but haven't worked up a build in Mids yet.  I can from experience with Earth say the things I'm liable to skip will be the single target immobilize and the sleep unless I come across some reason to work them in specifically because of NA.  And until they actually change the way procs work I'll heavily proc Fossilize by the 30's. I've also heard/read there's not a lot of dud powers in NA so at least on the ride to 50 and learning what works for me I'll likely be taking most if not all of NA powers.  This means the number of power choices for pools and epics will be somewhat more constrained than the average controller pairing.  If/when I come up with a Mids build I'll try to remember to post it in this thread.  I will say my Empath side is really loving the non-target usage of Regrowth through the early levels.  Just face in the 'correct' direction and cast.

10 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I just created an Earth/NA myself but haven't worked up a build in Mids yet.  I can from experience with Earth say the things I'm liable to skip will be the single target immobilize and the sleep unless I come across some reason to work them in specifically because of NA.  And until they actually change the way procs work I'll heavily proc Fossilize by the 30's. I've also heard/read there's not a lot of dud powers in NA so at least on the ride to 50 and learning what works for me I'll likely be taking most if not all of NA powers.  This means the number of power choices for pools and epics will be somewhat more constrained than the average controller pairing.  If/when I come up with a Mids build I'll try to remember to post it in this thread.  I will say my Empath side is really loving the non-target usage of Regrowth through the early levels.  Just face in the 'correct' direction and cast.

Thank you for this. I'm also loving regrowth for exactly the same reason. One day I'll figure out the combos to feel like a real controller (or you awesome folks will pat me on the head and point me in the right direction  lol.)

I don't have an Earth/Nature, but I've got 50s of both sets separately. In Earth, Salt Crystals (PBAoE sleep) is skippable and Stone Prison (ST immobilize) and Quicksand (AoE slow/-def) are optional (Quicksand works well with just the base slot). In Nature, Lifegiving Spores (AoE HoT/+end) is skippable and Rebirth (ally rez) and Entangling Aura (PBAoE hold aura) are optional.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, Uun said:

I don't have an Earth/Nature, but I've got 50s of both sets separately. In Earth, Salt Crystals (PBAoE sleep) is skippable and Stone Prison (ST immobilize) and Quicksand (AoE slow/-def) are optional (Quicksand works well with just the base slot). In Nature, Lifegiving Spores (AoE HoT/+end) is skippable and Rebirth (ally rez) and Entangling Aura (PBAoE hold aura) are optional.

Thanks for the info Uun

8 hours ago, Uun said:

I've seen the 1% endurance buff on Life-giving spores and so far the consensus when I've asked about it is  "skippable".  But I've also seen in my combat logs that tics of 1.38 end (and +health) occur every ~2 seconds (perhaps less) with the base slot holding an Endmod just like with the Panacea proc and that works out fully enhanced on par to slightly better than the Panacea proc or Perf shifter +end.  The exchange being a power choice, slotting and then constantly placing the patch with each fight.  And of course both those IOs can also be placed in the power as well.  Do those proc on just self or every one in the area?  Thoughts?

22 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I've seen the 1% endurance buff on Life-giving spores and so far the consensus when I've asked about it is  "skippable".  But I've also seen in my combat logs that tics of 1.38 end (and +health) occur every ~2 seconds (perhaps less) with the base slot holding an Endmod just like with the Panacea proc and that works out fully enhanced on par to slightly better than the Panacea proc or Perf shifter +end.  The exchange being a power choice, slotting and then constantly placing the patch with each fight.  And of course both those IOs can also be placed in the power as well.  Do those proc on just self or every one in the area?  Thoughts?

Lifegiving Spores has an endurance cost of 0.26 end/sec and provides ~1 endurance and ~30 health every 4 seconds. Unless you slot for endred and/or endmod, it's basically endurance neutral to the caster. Although I consider it skippable, I've currently got Lifegiving Spores in both my Fire/Nature controller and my Nature/Seismic defender. In the former (which is already running Entangling Aura and Hot Feet), I've got it 3-slotted with endmod and endmod/endred. In the latter I took it as the lvl 49 power and slotted it with 1 Golgi. It's not worth casting for every fight and I typically only cast it for long fights in a fixed location. You also have to remember to toggle it off, as it will keep running no matter how you are from it until you leave the map. I haven't tried slotting the Panacea proc, but if it works the same way it does in Triage Beacon, it should buff everyone in the AoE.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller