Camping Adamastor

13 hours ago, yzdragel said:

As one of the campers, I'd like to give my perspective even if the thread is a little old now. I know that some must feel some since of unfairness that some people are sometimes AFK and getting rewards. I hope if you feel hurt by our presence that you can understand that what seems like deviant and game-breaking behavior is a temporary way to stay in the game earning some rewards while chatting and doing other things in RL. I've known people "AFK" farming in AE missions doing much the same thing, chatting, walking away from the game, going to sleep and coming back the next day.

The current stage in our lives right now is that we don't have a lot of free time to actively play. That won't last forever. However, we can keep the game up in the background and pop in when we want to procrastinate or have some free time. We also do still actively play, although typically on different schedules.

As far as I can tell, we are not violating the code of conduct or terms of service for the game. If a GM comes and says it's unacceptable behavior, we would stop. For example, we use no scripts or programs to automate gameplay. Yes, we can stay logged in the game for extended periods of time, but we have people doing that in Ouro, SG bases, AE missions, and other places as well.

And when we are around and in Echo:DA, we do often announce in LFG chat (or someone else that's in zone does) to give people a heads-up.  If people are asking for invites, we (and others that are "AFK") usually invite them to a team.  We don't usually blind invite, but if someone posted in /b, /l, etc for a team and is unteamed in search window results, we'll invite them. We recognize that there will be some people that are specifically looking for the badge. We're badgers as well and if we're around we'll invite to a team to help ensure you get sufficient credit.

We've played the game on live since Beta and are happy to be back again. Most of our characters were made back in 2019 and usually vet level 100+. They didn't get that way from AFK farming Adamastor. They've been around over 4 years. Our characters have over 1500 badges. We've played this game plenty and helped with donations, trials, task forces, badges, missions, gifting money and rewards, and general information.

Yes, we can get rewards for doing nothing in Echo:DA (or we can be more active when we want to help turn the tide, speed up the take-down, or take out a Kronos or Zombie invasion).  When someone else (since it's usually not us) spawns Adamastor, our MMs will attack. Basically, that means in the best case scenario about 6 merits per 60+ minutes. We can definitely earn more merit rewards and faster when we're active (Hami raids, TinPex, WSTs, Monster Hunts, etc) and we do. 

As some have noticed, when they tried to push us off ledges or do some other similar behavior, we jumped back on the platforms.  There's a reason, we aren't actually always AFK. Sure, maybe at 3am we might be. Other times, however, we're chatting or doing something else, responding to people in Help or General chat, etc.

I hope this gives you a little perspective even if you don't agree with what we're doing. Some kindness, acceptance, and tolerance can go a long way, though. We're all real people in real life, enjoying a game that we love in different ways at different times.

"Yes, I kicked your dog. Please be kind to me."

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1