Camping Adamastor

I've filed two complaints on this in the past coupla days and so far haven't gotten solid responses - I'm willing to wait a bit while they hash things out behind the scenes though, so I'm not throwing them under a bus yet.  But yeah, they park on top, leave an AoE on auto, pets set for Attack, then walk away and wait for someone else to come along and summon.  I really wish I could gently push them off the platform like civilians can nudge players on a sidewalk.  😃

I've also one-starred the toons so I can avoid playing with them, just as I did with Halloween ToT farmers of similar tactics.  (Funnily enough, I haven't seen hardly any of those folks in the near-year since.  I presume people are dual-boxing this and funneling the rewards to their main accounts.)

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I've filed two complaints on this in the past coupla days and so far haven't gotten solid responses - I'm willing to wait a bit while they hash things out behind the scenes though, so I'm not throwing them under a bus yet.  But yeah, they park on top, leave an AoE on auto, pets set for Attack, then walk away and wait for someone else to come along and summon.  I really wish I could gently push them off the platform like civilians can nudge players on a sidewalk.  😃

I've also one-starred the toons so I can avoid playing with them, just as I did with Halloween ToT farmers of similar tactics.  (Funnily enough, I haven't seen hardly any of those folks in the near-year since.  I presume people are dual-boxing this and funneling the rewards to their main accounts.)

You can, kheldian collision box makes it possible to scoot people all over. It's a secret trick that involves teleport.

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:
1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You can, kheldian collision box makes it possible to scoot people all over. It's a secret trick that involves teleport.

Secret? That was a common practice back on Live. Particularly by players that liked to troll other players using ledge sit or similar emotes while waiting for an iTrial to launch.

8 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

But yeah, they park on top, leave an AoE on auto, pets set for Attack, then walk away and wait for someone else to come along and summon. 

What's funny about the practice is that the only 'benefit' is that you can leave your character AFK and get the merits -- nineteen times over the 20-hour reset cycle, 120 merits, allowing for the time it takes to drop Adamastor. If you were to join one of the regular Hami raids, then in about an hour, you could earn 160 merits (or 120 merits and four Empyrean merits). But then you'd actually have to be playing the game, since you can't do it AFK.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Huh, news to me, but I've never had  Kheledian. I tried to move 'em about using a few different TP powers one my toon (Savage Melle, Shield, Combat TP, Spring Jump), but nothing doing.  Maybe I shoulda tried porting pets into them instead.

Kheldians out there?  You now know what you must do.  😃

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

There's a very old trick with Super Speed and following that can really push people around.

But I will not divulge because it can be motion sickness inducing!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Taking Adamastor camping is a terrible idea.  He doesn't help set up the tent, he doesn't gather firewood, he won't fetch water, the only thing he knows how to make is pancakes, and he smells funny.

• Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

There's a very old trick with Super Speed and following that can really push people around.

But I will not divulge because it can be motion sickness inducing!

I actually had to make a complaint against someone because of this.  They followed me around Cim, constantly doing it.  After asking them to stop 3 times, I sent off a complaint and logged.

16 hours ago, Techwright said:

Why not request a "magic" bubble over the platform?  Akin to the mothership bubble.  Something that pushes/teleports all player characters out of range.  Have it activate 10 minutes after Adamaster falls, and drop the moment he is available again.

I really like this idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

20 hours ago, Techwright said:

Something that pushes/teleports all player characters out of range. 

No.  Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Mag 100 KB and mag 100 Repel.

I'd camp that.  I'd camp that hard.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I was thinking maybe some kind of merit timeout similar to TF's where you get reduced rewards for doing the same content multiple times in one 20-hour period, but then I also feel like that would discourage players from summoning him more than once a day.

Maybe the rules could be changed just for Adamastor, to make it so you need to contribute at least XX% of the damage, either alone or on a team, to qualify for merits. This change would only affect Adamastor; other giant monsters would follow the same rules as before.

Barring that, maybe they can try shuffling his spawn around so he's not always spawning in the same spot. Make it random but also clearly advertised, so players can know where it is but bots can't predict where he'll be. 

Edited by GastlyGibus

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

Honestly, Adamastor's not worth 10 merits. I could understand the "bonus" back when you had to get the recipe to summon him, as it was something extra, but now you just go there, click, remove hit points for 30 seconds, bam , 10 merits.

That's pretty much the entire "special" draw for him.

Flip side of that? Lusca should be worth more than 6 merits. That actually takes time and some effort to take down. (And, relevant to the discussion, can't really be camped - she has multiple spawn locations in a large zone, after all, *and* moves during the encounter.)

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Honestly, Adamastor's not worth 10 merits. I could understand the "bonus" back when you had to get the recipe to summon him, as it was something extra, but now you just go there, click, remove hit points for 30 seconds, bam , 10 merits.

That's pretty much the entire "special" draw for him.

Flip side of that? Lusca should be worth more than 6 merits. That actually takes time and some effort to take down. (And, relevant to the discussion, can't really be camped - she has multiple spawn locations in a large zone, after all, *and* moves during the encounter.)

So knock Adamastor down to 2 merits? 4 tops? And Lusca up to 8 or 10?

12 minutes ago, Greycat said:

but now you just go there, click, remove hit points for 30 seconds, bam , 10 merits.

Ten merits the first time in a 20-hour period; the remaining defeats only give you 6, the same as any other GM. Still infinitely repeatable. One possibility for addressing camping is to have him summon at a location in a radius around the altar where you perform the ritual, and then have to find where he spawned; that way, AFK campers on the top of the platform wouldn't be close enough for their auto attacks or pet aggro to hit him, so wouldn't get defeat credit.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

So knock Adamastor down to 2 merits? 4 tops? And Lusca up to 8 or 10?

6, same as the other GMs. Lusca should give more than that, though, yes. He's not significantly *easier* than other GMs - he's just average, and now doesn't have a "cost" to summon him. So give him the average.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

a 30 day timeout, followed by account deletion.

too harsh?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 hours ago, biostem said:

Lusca should give like 2 merits per "part" - Maybe a few more for the head, since it can only be defeated after all the tentacles...

Technically Lusca becomes vulnerable after 6 tentacles are defeated. You can still have 2 of them up.

Also, while I agree that Lusca is not really a difficult GM to defeat, it does have a more significant time investment and 2-4 extra merits is not going be so overpowered that anyone would bother trying to farm Lusca. So at least 8-10 merits seems appropriate to me. I don't agree that the tentacles themselves should give merits.

• Thumbs Up 2

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

10 hours ago, Troo said:

a 30 day timeout, followed by account deletion.

too harsh?

Well I was over there last night around 1 am and saw no campers, sooo...

Go have fun!

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Well I was over there last night around 1 am and saw no campers, sooo...

I saw two of them get bumped off the platform last night around 10pm cst by a WS.
The first one stayed where they fell.

The second immediately jumped back onto the platform.  A minute later, the first jumped back on.

😞

Edited by Ghost

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I saw two of them get bumped off the platform last night around 10pm cst by a WS.
The first one stayed where they fell.

The second immediately jumped back onto the platform.  A minute later, the first jumped back on.

😞

That at least means they, though most likely (s)he, is active rather than just AFK'ing it.