Camping Adamastor

So how much does it take to go from bending the rules to exploiting them?

Camping Adamastor for a day? Maybe over the weekend? Four days? A week?

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Dumb question: How does someone camp Adamastor? He can only be summoned once per hour. And if you know when he was last summoned, you can be there for the next one. I'm missing something, so please explain it to me.

• Like 1

Join a TF. 

Turn on AoE. 

Stand where Adamastor spawns.

Walk away for days.

• Like 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Adamastor doesn't just spawn though. He has to be summoned by the players. I get what you are saying though. Being able to AFK fight Adamastor while others summon him, farming him for merits. Yeah, I agree that is an exploit. Thanks for the explanation.

Does being in a TF disable the AFK detection process, or is the player using some other method to bypass that?  If so, that seems like more an an issue to be addressed, which would also alleviate the issue in the OP...

Edited by biostem

33 minutes ago, biostem said:

Does being in a TF disable the AFK detection process, or is the player using some other method to bypass that?  If so, that seems like more an an issue to be addressed, which would also alleviate the issue in the OP...

Being in a TF, like a Flashback arc/mission, disables the game from detecting AFK on that character, yes.

Edit: My guess is this was implemented so that if the team leader had to go AFK for a long while for any reason, (s)he wouldn't come back to find (s)he had to log back in the game only to find someone else as the new lead and the TF completed without them. Or at least no longer the team lead and so unable to read the story of the TF. Just a guess though.

Edited by Rudra

Adamastor doesnt spawn,  he must be summoned with a click.  That means a player is physically present to click the button or has set up an auto clicker or some other form of bot program.  If someone is physically at their computer every hour then they are within the rules.  But botting for even a single kill would probably be an exploit.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

Being in a TF, like a Flashback arc/mission, disables the game from detecting AFK on that character, yes.

Edit: My guess is this was implemented so that if the team leader had to go AFK for a long while for any reason, (s)he wouldn't come back to find (s)he had to log back in the game only to find someone else as the new lead and the TF completed without them. Or at least no longer the team lead and so unable to read the story of the TF. Just a guess though.

It was once in the game (an error/bug) if u logged out  u could not get back into the TF, to circumvent that, this function was activated.

Its kinda obsolete at its current state unless i miss some point .

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

11 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

maybe when adamastor is summoned he can do a very very wide pbaoe knockback with a mag of like 25 so campers get knocked away and can't farm it?

I doubt it could be afk farming,  it would have to be botting.  Adding a knockback would just have the botter add fly,  target adamastor and follow macros to their bot.

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

I doubt it could be afk farming,  it would have to be botting.  Adding a knockback would just have the botter add fly,  target adamastor and follow macros to their bot.

good point. i remember in the olden days enemies would have the ability to knock off your toggles (so we know its already coded) make that part of the Adam's Alpha strike? Real players know to back away when he's summoned afk/bots wont.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

If you're not on a team, is there a threshold for what percent of the damage you need to do to get the merits? I thought it was 10%, but maybe that's just for the badge.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Wouldn't Adamastor's location at the top of a rise/platform prevent a bot from auto-targeting him when knocked down from the platform? If the KB is enough to send someone in PBAoE range off the platform regardless of where they are on the platform, wouldn't that suffice?

It depends entirely on the toon. Have Stone Tank with Root and Mud Pots and you are good to go. Have a Master Mind with fly and you are good to go, etc

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

• 3 months later

This is currently being done on Excelsior by at least 3 Masterminds and a Controller.  At least one of the accounts is an alt account, could be all 4. Pets out.  Adamastor defeated in about 30 seconds.  While you can get the defeat merits its hard to get the 10% damage badge especially since they're not inviting to league.  576 merits/day for doing nothing is nice but to keep others from getting the badge is not nice.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 3:49 AM, TheZag said:

Adamastor doesnt spawn,  he must be summoned with a click.  That means a player is physically present to click the button or has set up an auto clicker or some other form of bot program. 

They could be simply parking their character in place with an auto power going, and relying on someone else showing up to actually perform the summoning, with their auto attack getting them the hit that's all that's necessary to get the merits and threads. I remember for a couple of weeks, there was a Stone Tanker who was parked where Adamastor would appear with a PBAoE attack on autofire; it didn't matter who activated the summons, they would get a hit in.

• Like 1

Interesting how desperate people are to earn "rewards" in a game where it's so ridiculously easy to be rich that it requires all the effort of blinking twice.

I can earn around 80 million inf in 20 minutes, and I'm slow.

Do that 20 minutes once a day and then go play, and you never need to do anything else to make the most redonk builds. Literally, I have never not been able to afford anything and I never farm, nor do I run weekly double merit anything and only spend 20 minutes a day actually trying to earn inf.

It's hilarious that people actually do things such as this.

• Like 1

... more extensive rework if this is becoming an issue -

Instead of summoning, it pulls the team into an instance where you fight Adamastor. When finished, you appear back on the platform.

But yeah, it's lousy that people are AFK-"farming" him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 minutes ago, Greycat said:

... more extensive rework if this is becoming an issue -

Instead of summoning, it pulls the team into an instance where you fight Adamastor. When finished, you appear back on the platform.

But yeah, it's lousy that people are AFK-"farming" him.

Or a mod could kick them from the area, and issue a warning - seems much easier than recoding

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Or a mod could kick them from the area, and issue a warning - seems much easier than recoding

I'm thinking more long term. Short term, yes, they should be booted (and if possible, merits after some period removed. Don't leave them with their profits.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.