Help please: Enhancements for Steamy Mist and Charged Armor question

Dogooder

Thanks for reading this. I quickly leveled up to 50 a Storm/Storm Defender and I'm looking at purchasing and crafting enhancement sets like Aegis, Titanium Crafting, Unbreakable Guard and Gladiator's Armor for Steamy Mist and Charged Armor. Currently I have SO's and IO's crafted in both powers (END Red./2xDef Buff/3xResist Damage in Steamy Mist and End Rec/3xResist Damage in Charge Armor) and intended to replace them with sets or parts of sets. 

As I looked over the enhancement sets I noticed +Rech modifiers and was confused. I was further confused because some of the Resist Damage Modifiers totals in the sets seemed less that the amount of the modifiers I currently had.  I just realized today that I run both powers continuously, as they are always on (and seem to use little END) and that people might not do that. Hurricane takes up too much END to run continuously so I toggle that power. 

I've looked at builds and seen people slotting +Rech pieces in powers that could be left on, which I do (especially for tankers), and this confused me greatly until my epiphany that some might turn the defensive powers off today. In the past, I looked up that recharge reductions were not needed on powers that were always on e.g. Stamina and Health and figured the same would apply to powers that I left on. I've looked up recharge mechanic's. I've tried goggling recharge and always on powers and tanker basics and no one was answering or addressing my question of "Why have a recharge bonus in tanker/defense/resist damage powersets give that the defensive powers are always on?"

I'm interested in your opinions and thoughts.

1. I think just slotting IO's instead of sets, given that I do not turn the two powers off, might be the way to go (outside of diminishing returns). Am I missing something about game mechanics concerning toggle powers or powers that are always on?

2. Do you play with your defensive powers always on? 

Thanks for wading through this. 

I think what you're asking is why do people slot set ios with recharge enhancement values in toggle powers? The answer is for the set bonuses. The recharge enhancement is almost entirely wasted in an always on toggle but bonuses are so powerful it's worth the trade off. In many cases it's also worth accepting a few % off the primary attribute enhancement too for the same reason (often this will only equate to a fractional drop in output value).

What set or mixture of sets you want to slot depends on what bonuses are most useful to your build. When you look at builds others have made pay attention to the bonuses they are chasing to see how it fits into the overall picture.

• Like 1

• 1 month later

6 slot steamy mist with 4 unbreakable guard and 2 lotg (1 def 1 global rech) and get a ton of melee defense

You can 6 slot charged armor also with 4 unbreakable guard, 1 steadfast 3% defense, and one gladiator 3% defense for a ton of defense as well. (6% to all defense and 3% more melee defense)

• Like 2