Crashing in "Welcome to Praetoria"

RagabashMoon

I keep getting a game freeze and Windows "City of Heroes has stopped responding" crashing error when I blast down the door after talking to the clockwork in the Praetorian Tutorial Mission.  I did send the Clockwork above, I could maybe try not doing that, but... not sure.  The actual crash seems to happen when Wrencher speaks.

Anyone know how to fix this without having to delete and remake the character (didn't save her costume yet. :() and skip the tutorial?

Edited by RagabashMoon

8 hours ago, RagabashMoon said:

Anyone know how to fix this without having to delete and remake the character (didn't save her costume yet. :() and skip the tutorial?

This is a hypothesis so it may not work.

1. Mail yourself 1mil Inf; retrieve it when you log in on your character.*
  2. Go to the to the Transact for Victory (T4V) vendor located at the very start of the Tutorial area. They are standing about 10ft from the Officer's 10 o'clock. 
  3. Under her tabs, go to Prestige Powers > Travel > Teleport and buy the Base Teleport power (should be 1mil exactly)
  4. Use the power to escape the area and get to a Teleport Hub base.**
  5. Because you're Praetorian the Icon NPCs there may not talk to you. But Trina in Pocket D will. Go there.
  6. While in Pocket D, find the portal to Imperial City or otherwise find your way back to Praetoria proper.

*If you are having trouble finding Inf for this part, some players offer free inf for newer players, such as @Yomo Kimyata. Check their bio for more info.

**If you don't know what this is, reply with what server you're on and someone can provide a base code you can use.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 5/15/2023 at 7:08 PM, twozerofoxtrot said:

This is a hypothesis so it may not work.

1. Mail yourself 1mil Inf; retrieve it when you log in on your character.*
  2. Go to the to the Transact for Victory (T4V) vendor located at the very start of the Tutorial area. They are standing about 10ft from the Officer's 10 o'clock. 
  3. Under her tabs, go to Prestige Powers > Travel > Teleport and buy the Base Teleport power (should be 1mil exactly)
  4. Use the power to escape the area and get to a Teleport Hub base.**
  5. Because you're Praetorian the Icon NPCs there may not talk to you. But Trina in Pocket D will. Go there.
  6. While in Pocket D, find the portal to Imperial City or otherwise find your way back to Praetoria proper.

*If you are having trouble finding Inf for this part, some players offer free inf for newer players, such as @Yomo Kimyata. Check their bio for more info.

**If you don't know what this is, reply with what server you're on and someone can provide a base code you can use.

Alright, thanks! Yeah, 1m INF is nothing for me, and I know my way around the game itself, but didn't know there was a T4V vendor inside the tutorial. 🙂

So thanks for that.   Hopefully it gets fixed someday.

• Like 1