Regen Number Confusion help.

ninpon78

Here is a screen shot of COmbat tab and what I am regening...I am Dark/Regen Sentinel and I am trying to max out regen as it is my survival. Yet I have numerous sets that give a certain amount of regen when you hover over the ENH. For instance, Numina's gives 12% regen for 2 pieces, yet in the combat tab it shows 8%. The same is going on with my Scirocco's Dervish. It says 10% yet in my combat tab only regen tissue shows 10%. Could someone explain why this is as I am confused and have nno understanding of how the numbers mesh to better max out my regen.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5d/a3/61/5da36158c2c0986a9fd63ba9fd8ce5a4.png

5da36158c2c0986a9fd63ba9fd8ce5a4.png

This is a little tricky.  What you're seeing isn't the set bonus from Numina's.  You're seeing the effects of one specific Numina's IO that you slotted: Numina's Convalenscence: Regen/Recovery.  This specific IO grants +20% regen and +10% (endurance) recovery.  This is 20% more regen than normal.  Normal base regeneration for a player character is 100% health in 240 seconds, or about 0.42% of your health per second.  That's what is showing up as "Base" regen under Regeneration in the real numbers panel.  The Numina's proc IO (that's what those are called) is giving you 20% of that as a bonus.  20% of 0.42%/sec is about 0.08%/sec, which is what you're seeing in the panel.

In City of Heroes, most regeneration happens relative to your max health, which is different from many other MMOs.  If you somehow increase your max health, your regeneration rate (in health points per second) also goes up.  So we tend to talk about regeneration in percent of health bar per second, or XX%/sec.  This means someone trying to max out regeneration should be looking to both increase their regeneration rate (%/sec) and their total health which automatically increases health regeneration in points per second. 

Incidentally, so where's that set bonus you were looking for?  The 12% set bonus is considered a "Huge Improved Regeneration Bonus" and is showing up in the panel as such.  12% of 0.42%/sec is 0.05%/sec, which is what you see there.

In that window, the Numina's bonus listed doesn't refer to the two-piece set bonus, but to the unique +Regen/+Recovery proc.  The 12% set bonus is one of the Large or Huge (don't recall which) bonuses.

What's confusing you is that your regen is listed in the window you're looking at as a % of your total health per second, rather than a % of your base regen per second (which is how it's shown by default in Pines or etc).  "100% Regen" is "0.42% hp/s."  So adding 20% more of .42/s adds 0.084.  Which is what you're seeing.

edit: damnit arcana i thought you were asleep.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

This is a little tricky.  What you're seeing isn't the set bonus from Numina's.  You're seeing the effects of one specific Numina's IO that you slotted: Numina's Convalenscence: Regen/Recovery.  This specific IO grants +20% regen and +10% (endurance) recovery.  This is 20% more regen than normal.  Normal base regeneration for a player character is 100% health in 240 seconds, or about 0.42% of your health per second.  That's what is showing up as "Base" regen under Regeneration in the real numbers panel.  The Numina's proc IO (that's what those are called) is giving you 20% of that as a bonus.  20% of 0.42%/sec is about 0.08%/sec, which is what you're seeing in the panel.

In City of Heroes, most regeneration happens relative to your max health, which is different from many other MMOs.  If you somehow increase your max health, your regeneration rate (in health points per second) also goes up.  So we tend to talk about regeneration in percent of health bar per second, or XX%/sec.  This means someone trying to max out regeneration should be looking to both increase their regeneration rate (%/sec) and their total health which automatically increases health regeneration in points per second. 

Incidentally, so where's that set bonus you were looking for?  The 12% set bonus is considered a "Huge Improved Regeneration Bonus" and is showing up in the panel as such.  12% of 0.42%/sec is 0.05%/sec, which is what you see there.

OMG!!! ARCANAVILLE!!!!

Answers so many questions.

+1inf

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.