What IOs do you add immediately?

steveoatvs

Was always curious about what other people do when it comes to slotting IOs, when your just starting out a character.

For example, I add the +hp/+end from Panacea first, then the Miracle + Performance shifter procs as soon as possible. Everything else is blank until 22, when I just slot basic level 25 IOs

Do people slot the ATO procs immediately? Am i missing out on anything else that I should be adding??

I slot the Steadfast Protection and Gladiator's Armor +Defense IOs as early as I can, also the Shield Wall and Reactive Defenses +Resist. On Invulnerability Tanks I always slot the Gaussian's Chance for Build-Up in Invincibility right away (conveniently they're both available at level 18.) But mostly I stick to SOs until level 25 or so.

Panacea and Kismet are the only ones I slot on every character at level 7 (or as soon as possible if I need CJ or Hover to slot Kismet).   The rest depend on what the toon needs.  I don't add the one-slot +def or +res unless it's adding to what the toon already has (e.g. +res on resistance armor, +def on defense armor, or if it synergizes with debuffs I am slinging from my pri/sec powers).  Otherwise, the slot is better spent at that level on an SO.  I can add the one-slot def/res type IOs later if I am stacking up defense or res with IO set bonuses and pool powers. 

The ATO procs (just the procs) I might try to fit in early if they are remarkable.  Not every ATO is.  And they typically go in attacks which may be more desperate for SO acc, dmg, end this early in leveling.

Generally don't start assembling sets until I get near 30.  Their enhancement levels aren't worth it before then.

Ones not to sleep on are the Winter's Gift and 2-slot set bonuses from Winter IO sets.  These give slow resist, which is not just slow movement resist but also recharge time resistance.  Enemies that slow your recharge can range anywhere from annoying to someone with great passive survival skills to life-threatening if your survival skills are more of an active click nature.  And of course they are killing your damage output at the same time.  Of particular interest to aggro magnets like Tankers and Brutes and especially to those who rely on resistance rather than high defense (and thus are more likely to be hit more often with debuffs).

• Thumbs Up 1