Shield/Fiery Melee

StriderIV

I’ve been trying to decide what primary to pair with Fiery Melee, as I haven’t used it since it’s update!

Shield seems like it could be a really cool fit, albeit an endurance hog 😂

Does anyone have experience with this combo and a build that they run? Would love to use one as a base. Seems like it could be pretty solid!

I haven't done shield with it but have paired it with Fire Armor and Willpower...and both are outrageous.  I don't think you can go wrong, because Fiery Melee just melts mobs (even without a damage aura in WP), but as you noted, without any incarnate tools, you'll need to address the end issues, for sure.

• Thanks 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I had to remember if I had one here or not... I do 😉 Then I had to remember what I was doing with it... At level 42 he is currently running Conserve Power, but that's okay because I like Energy Mastery in general with Shield (Energy Torrent FTW!)... anyways in addition to that I have both Tanker ATOs in the build already, the +Defs from SP and GA (2.5 End Recovery), UGs slotted (at least two in two powers (2.5s as well), two sets of two, GotA, and for some reason Stamina at four slots, currently slotted with common IOs of various level, as is the rest of the build (I think I was planning on putting an PF +End in there and haven't yet). He's running at 8 +2 (can go to +4) and does okay with End. I am however running Hasten, so that take a bite every time it cycles. If you're running with a team you'll likely have no issues. Solo I do well enough with the toon (I really need to give him a few more sets...). For Incarnates I'll look at how things go after he hits 47. But Cardio could be in his future if I can't get Recovery or End management straightened out. So, not a lot of specifics, but you can make it work. If you Catalyze two  GotA per Def set, you can get an early jump on controlling your End. You can leave them in and add other sets, or remove them once you level and respec.

Hope this helps. Ymmv.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

10 minutes ago, Warboss said:

I had to remember if I had one here or not... I do 😉 Then I had to remember what I was doing with it... At level 42 he is currently running Conserve Power, but that's okay because I like Energy Mastery in general with Shield (Energy Torrent FTW!)... anyways in addition to that I have both Tanker ATOs in the build already, the +Defs from SP and GA (2.5 End Recovery), UGs slotted (at least two in two powers (2.5s as well), two sets of two, GotA, and for some reason Stamina at four slots, currently slotted with common IOs of various level, as is the rest of the build (I think I was planning on putting an PF +End in there and haven't yet). He's running at 8 +2 (can go to +4) and does okay with End. I am however running Hasten, so that take a bite every time it cycles. If you're running with a team you'll likely have no issues. Solo I do well enough with the toon (I really need to give him a few more sets...). For Incarnates I'll look at how things go after he hits 47. But Cardio could be in his future if I can't get Recovery or End management straightened out. So, not a lot of specifics, but you can make it work. If you Catalyze two  GotA per Def set, you can get an early jump on controlling your End. You can leave them in and add other sets, or remove them once you level and respec.

Hope this helps. Ymmv.

Very helpful, I appreciate it.

Started mine and just going by the seat of my pants. Only lv. 14, but man does this combo have STYLE points. I have ninja run and the electrical elemental shield, and it is sweet to see this giant fire energy sword come out when you click on any of the fire sword powers.