Babylon 5: The Road Home

Babylon 5, aka The Only Cool Thing Amigas Ever Did, is one of the very few richly woven sci-fi series where every character has their time and their meaning. And gets development, classy lines, ups and downs, moments of weakness and badassery, even jokes. (Well, except Kosh, but Vorlon humour's a little odd and has been known to kill the unwary).

B5: The Road Home is a tie-in animated movie that lets John Sheridan (and writer Mike Straczynski) revisit every era of B5's existence, as well as quite a few alternate ones. A large chunk of the cast have returned - with the late lamented Mira Furlan, Andreas Katsulas, Tim Choate and Richard Biggs replaced by new voice actors.

• Thumbs Up 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

You'd think an official YouTube channel would get the audio sync right.  Still, it is interesting.   I wonder if they'll continue the B5 universe this way?  I'd love for them to finish out Crusade, then turn attention to the Psi War, and maybe go back to the past to show how Valen led the Minbari in the war of their time.

My favorite comment from those below the video:  "I'm disappointed that Zathras is in this. I was hoping they'd have Zathras instead."

• Haha 1

This will sound picky (because it is), but the art and animation style kind of kill it for me.  Well, not "kind of."  The only charcters I immediately recognized were Sheridan and Londo; the former only because of the voice and the latter because, well, Londo.  Garibaldi took a few seconds; Ivanova took a few more, even with Claudia Christian's iconic voice.  And my brain still refuses to match the Narn in the last scene with G'Kar.  I'm making an intuitive leap to connect the person at 1:35 with Lyta Alexander, and that's only the basis of hair color.

Silly complaint, I realize, but I'm not getting a sense of connection between this trailer and the live-action show.

...if, however, Lennier sings "Fish Heads" in this, I may reconsider.

3 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

This will sound picky (because it is), but the art and animation style kind of kill it for me.  Well, not "kind of."  The only charcters I immediately recognized were Sheridan and Londo; the former only because of the voice and the latter because, well, Londo.  Garibaldi took a few seconds; Ivanova took a few more, even with Claudia Christian's iconic voice.  And my brain still refuses to match the Narn in the last scene with G'Kar.  I'm making an intuitive leap to connect the person at 1:35 with Lyta Alexander, and that's only the basis of hair color.

Silly complaint, I realize, but I'm not getting a sense of connection between this trailer and the live-action show.

Hey, it could be worse:

image.png.39960a59d9942eb13481c385116e3a06.png

• Confused 1