Mind/Psi Build , I don't know what I'm doing.

RubberSoul

Aside from just asking for a good Mind/Psi build, I'm not sure what to do. Are there any enhancements I need to really fit into the build? Am I looking for Defense first then Damage? Or maybe Recharge? Accuracy seams pretty important if I want my stuff to land so I don't die.

I don't want to drop a billion inf into a build that's bound to stink because I mindlessly buy the most expensive stuff to slot it with.

------------------------

trying to figure out how to post my mids build.

Edited by RubberSoul
to add mids build

you’ll want to pick up Confuse, it’s one of the primary reasons to pick Mind as a dominator set

slot Psychic Shockwave for damage. psi is already quite a low damage set and you’ll want to get all the help you can. i’d recommend 5 slotting with armageddon including the damage proc but excluding dam/end and then put in a second damage proc 

the purple confuse set is best placed in the ST confuse power, the contagious confusion proc is effective. 5 slotted works fine 

a purple damage set in world of confusion is not worth it in my view. i would always choose ice mastery too, it has defender strength sleet which is a great debuff for -res and -def 

overall, said in a supportive way, i’m not quite sure what this build is trying to do. is this a character you’ve played to 25-40 yet? working it through the games content will help you explore what kind of set bonuses and powers work for your playstyle and needs

i’ve tweaked my mind/fire/ice dom a fair amount over the last 4 years of playing it, the various team and TF experiences have helped inform what works best for me

Agree with @MoonSheep, looks like too much focus on IO set bonuses at the cost of properly slotting powers for their intended purpose.

Things like Drain Psyche should be slotted to fully maximize the heal/rech and ensure enough acc to hit things consistently. Once you are hitting 3+ targets with it, it is far and above all other health management options for doms. It is impressive seeing how stable a /psi dom can be with a solid build and controls layered on top.

It looks like you are trying to play a ranged build? So i'm not sure if Psy Shockwave is just a set mule for you? Otherwise the stun is only 25% chance. The control of that power is primarily the -rech slowing incoming damage that drain psyche heals back. But on the other hand you have world of confusion slotted as an attack, which is also a pbaoe.

It looks like you are aiming for a build that can survive, but a lot of the balance of that is also defeating foes, of which you seem to have very little offense.

Finally, some of the posted stats are a bit skewed because you likely don't have the recharge needed to run indom will/link mind/drain psyche anywhere near full time, so you may find your ingame numbers to be a bit lower.