Controller question(s)...

BjorJlen

Hi all...

I have a Grav/FF Controller that just reached 22nd lvl, and I was wondering if any of you kind knowledgeable folks could answer a question or two...

1) This one is about Grav's power of Propel. I was wondering what attuned IO sets you would suggest I put into it (and yes, I have 6 slotted it already)? Specifically, one's that focus on (in order) Recharge, Endurance, and Damage. I know all about Luck of the Gambler's, and will be putting some into my character eventually, but for now I was wondering what Attuned IO sets would be the best to cover these three aspects I want. So far, it has a recharge of 3.? seconds, but I'd LOVE to get that sucker down to even a faster (fastest) recharge if at all possible. So what sets do you suggest?

2) I just got Wormhole. Unfortunately, not only have I never used the power before myself, but as far as I can recall, I have never been on a team in which someone has it, and has used it.  As such, I am totally ignorant and clueless on how to best use it, so could any of you please educate me on how to use it, or would there be a nice guide somewhere I can check out that can do exactly that? Preferably ones' that are a video of some sort maybe? Because of this, I hesitate to use it while in a team, as I don't want to screw things up; or heck, even use it when it's not really needed or wanted anymore. So any help in this department would be appreciated, thanks...

So there ya go folks; my questions for the day (so far lol). Thanks again in advance, and as always, you all rock! 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

1. Several of the ranged damage sets can't be slotted until lvl 27 (Thunderstrike and Devastation), so you may want to wait if either of those appeal to you. Decimation can be slotted at lvl 22 and is a good set. I would skip the Chance for BU piece and slot the Sudden Acceleration KB>KD. Slotting the entire Sudden Acceleration set is also an option. At a higher price, Overwhelming Force and Gladiator's Javelin are options, and Winter's Bite is a very pricy option. For the latter two, you'll want to substitute 1 piece for the Sudden Acceleration KB>KD.
  2. Wormhole is an AoE foe teleport combined with disorient and knockback.  The power targets a 20-foot radius AoE around a foe with a maximum of 16 foes affected. Wormhole’s pickup range is 80 feet. It doesn't require line of sight and can be used around corners. It also doesn't aggro any mobs it misses. Wormhole is a mag 4.1 teleport and will teleport bosses and elite bosses.  After the teleport, Wormhole applies a mag 3 stun with an 18 second duration (with a 20% chance for an additional 1 mag) and a mag 15 knockback (you definitely want to slot a Sudden Acceleration KB>KD). Bosses won't be stunned when they exit, but they will be knocked down. I tend to follow Wormhole with Crushing Field so the stunned foes don't wander off. If you're playing on a team that's not familiar with Wormhole, you can put the exit point in the same location as the pickup point, or drop them on the tank.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I'd say wait for thunderstrike at 27.  As a /FF you can build nice defense numbers and that set at 6 slots gives a nice bit of ranged defense.

As for wormhole... You'll want a kb->kd in it so that mobs don't go flying.  Eventually I'd put 5 Absolute Amazements in it, but you can't slot that until 50.  In the meantime, after the kb->kd i'd slot 1 accuracy, 3 recharges and 1 disorient io.  Again, wait until 27, this is because this is when IOs get better than SOs.

• Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

Thank you very much for your replies guys. I have copied/pasted your words down and will use them as a guide to how to slot Propel & use Wormhole in the future; most likely when I reach lvl 27 as suggested. Thanks again guys...👍😀👍

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...