And another one!... (looking for a specific Fire Farm build)

Nellz

Hi folks, 

I'm looking for a Brute Rad/Fire fire farm build that makes you drool, one that makes you wish you were 17 again in mums basement playing 24/7 to farm the inf for. 

I've been trialling quite a few different builds, working on my own, checked out a few on these forums and its something I quite enjoy doing during my play time, so just looking for something else to work towards... There's no budget limitations, go wild! 😄

Edited by Nellz
Spelling mistakes... annndd forgot to add class/powersets D:

23 hours ago, Nellz said:

I'm looking for a Brute Rad/Fire fire farm build that makes you drool, one that makes you wish you were 17 again in mums basement playing 24/7 to farm the inf for. 

I've been trialling quite a few different builds, working on my own, checked out a few on these forums and its something I quite enjoy doing during my play time, so just looking for something else to work towards... There's no budget limitations, go wild! 😄

In all honesty, those days are gone. If you have the currency to fully pimp out a character, odds are you don't need a farmer. The market will more than cover you. But by all means, as stated above, there are numerous threads in the Guides section on how to build one even in the current meta.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 7/6/2023 at 9:31 AM, Without_Pause said:

In all honesty, those days are gone. If you have the currency to fully pimp out a character, odds are you don't need a farmer. The market will more than cover you. But by all means, as stated above, there are numerous threads in the Guides section on how to build one even in the current meta.

I've done quite well farming myself.  I decided to make a new character after the recent changes, and not seed than at all, and get a few merits to sell through exploration badges.. enough to get about 3 million inf.  Then all that character does is buy cheap recipes, craft, convert, and sell.

Honestly I've made far more INF than farming and it's passive.  I spend 20 minutes every few days doing the market thing and spend the rest of my time playing.  Far less mind numbing than farming.  I do take out my farmer to boost some of my new toons to 25ish, but that's really all I use them for these days.

Exactly. I dual box a character a couple runs and slot them out with level 25 IOs and just play them normal after that. That's pretty much the only point to farming for me at this point. If someone wants to build a /fire Brute for the sake of farming and pound out endless runs out of the build because that's there jam, then great. Knock your socks off. The Market thanks you.

Just accept that:

1. /fire Brutes aren't exactly the king of the farms like they used to be. See farming guides.

2. I could formally take a character from 1-22 on a single tunnel run using a 2x booster.  It's now level 17.

3. The Market forever remains the king of 'farming' currency if you look at time invested.

Outside of dual boxing a character or helping a SG mate out, the genuine reason to farm is to simply generate more stuff for people to buy from the Market. Case in point, my biggest source of purples has been farming. The more purples I farm the more I can sell to other people. Not because 'Hey, profit,' but so they have access to purples as well. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Something touched upon perhaps worth mentioning more:

The market, outside of the very very minimal seeding of items that it does, is not a influence generator.  When you "farm" the market, its all just influence distribution vs influence generation.  It is also an influence sink(ie via fees).

Farming, running missions etc in game where the game generates new influence are different.  Such activities do not have market dependency for the influence accrued. 

For most, its a small distinction because as long as their needs are met at the pace they wish, then playing the market, be it flipping or other means, is the way to go. But at least understanding that the differences do exist has merit in the long run.  

Regarding the effectivity of rad/fire brutes, this has been discussed before and the differences at this point(especially due to the way newer farming maps have been made), the variations for effectivity become a bit small by comparison and varied with active vs afk farming variables as well.  Someone building a rad/fire brute for fire farming or a rad/ma tank for s/l farming is more to one's interests etc etc.  Again again, the variables of maps used, transitions between maps, etc all in the name of influence per hour vary.... so much so to the point that rad/fire and other fire farmers are still the predominantly seen farmers at the various AE's on servers like Excelsior(PD I've seen a bevy of fire/SJ or Fire/Staff pretty frequently too(though I would argue they're less effective compared to the other ones mentioned).

But for the OP(and in a similar vein with the paragraph above), we also have to remember its a form of game play that they've stated they enjoy.   I know people who love instead to farm ticket missions on xp frozen lowbie toons too for just a fraction of the millions (though this is a market playing variation).  Different paths up the mountain essentially.