Staff Fighting powers have Fiery Embrace details with any secondary

flinlock

I'm playing a Staff Fighting / Regeneration Scrapper. I noticed that the details for every power so far say something about Fiery Embrace, like extra damage "Only with Fiery Embrace", etc. 

Fiery Embrace is a power from the Fire Aura defense secondary I believe (haven't played it). It seems this extra information is showing up regardless of the secondary actually being used.

Screenshot shown is from  Serpent's Reach. It also seems incorrect... it says 80% chance of knockdown only when using Fiery Embrace, but I'm pretty sure that chance to KD always applies. 

image.thumb.png.fec0a7f3038043acc03c19602c77e9f9.png

i think its always been this way.

firey embrace is an odd one, and works best in double fire pairings.

longer lasting dmg buff for fire (20s), and a smaller damage buff for all other types (10s).

youre seeing dmg thatd include from that.

shoukd it be hidden if player does not have firey embrace? you could make a strong arguement for yes.

from: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_defense.fiery_aura.fiery_embrace&at=scrapper

it does (% vary by at, but scrapper):

• Like 1

I would highly recommend completely ignoring in-game Detailed Info for powers and instead using City of Data.   The in-game window works for simple powers but anything with formulas or special tags that govern when and how effects apply tend to be butchered by the in-game parser.

Not that CoD can't sometimes be difficult to puzzle out but at least all the info is actually there to look at.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ZemX said:

I would highly recommend completely ignoring in-game Detailed Info for powers and instead using City of Data.   The in-game window works for simple powers but anything with formulas or special tags that govern when and how effects apply tend to be butchered by the in-game parser.

Gotcha, good to know! I haven't used CoD before, just took a look at it now and it's amazing. I'll definitely be spending some time sifting through it.