Earth/Psi vs The Praetorians +4 AV's

Frosticus

Earth/Psi taking out a wide array of AV's. 

I'm very reserved with the title "av killer", but I think this build has earned it. I run low defense, so counter to the typical approach seen most commonly.

1. All encounters are set to +4, I have a level shift so actual combat is +3
  2. No inps/temps/amps/click accolades
  3. Definitely no Lore Pets

Anti-Matter

(lvl 45+1 vs lvl 49)

Extreme debuffer. Rare are the builds that can take him at higher settings. His damage output is not huge, but his radiation debuffs are debilitating. He makes Clamor (low level radiation AV) look like child's play.

In particular Lingering Rad crushes builds that rely on high recharge. It checks aoe/energy def so is probably going to hit you.

Battle Maiden 

(lvl 54)

Not overly dangerous from range, but a very high lethal damage dealer in melee.

Black Swan

(lvl 54)

A lot of negative damage, a lot of tohit debuffs. Watch out for dark servant when she summons it because he can debuff you to the point you fail to control Black Swan. Given most of her damage is in dot form, you will be dead before you know it.

Dominatrix

(lvl 54)

The slows from Gravity are annoying and significant. As is her damage resistance. All of her main attacks have bonus base acc so she'll hit you more than you like.

Malaise 

(lvl 54)

One of the easier psi based AVs. Fairly low damage both st and aoe by lvl 54 AV standards. That said, all of his attacks are only typed Psi, so he will cut through most defenses like they aren’t there. Because they aren’t.

Marauder 

(lvl 54)

For my build this is one of the hardest Lvl 54 AV I've succeeded against. He's all smash damage so he can 2 shot stoney (hurl hits him for 810 damage of his 1070 hp…). All of his attacks have bonus base acc. He also has unstoppable so you can't keep him in one spot. I had to use a lot of strategy for this encounter. It definitely took me a few attempts to figure out a workable approach for this build and on several runs I had him down to a sliver of health only for him to turn it around and kill me. Ultimately, once I made the decision that Stoney would only tank during barrier the fight made a lot more sense. Playing keep away with fly during unstoppable was less nerve wracking than bunny hopping around.

Mother Mayhem

(lvl 54)

More dangerous than Malaise, but Psi AVs are the strength of this build. She is pretty aggressive and has a very continuous attack chain.

Neuron

(lvl 45+1 vs lvl 49)

You might mistakenly believe your dominator has an abundance of endurance. Neuron will prove that a mistake.

He will sap you and then walk over and one shot you with one of his truck-like melee attacks. Thunderstrike hits for about 2500 damage, havoc punch 2000 damage 

Stoney did a surprisingly good job tanking him despite such high smash damage. 

He will sap 32+ end with powersink out of nowhere. His damage aura does more damage than you think and saps you.

Plus stoney will intermittently lose aggro control because he is out of endurance. So Neuron will turn and probably one shot you. 

Even if it is going well he will summon voltaic sentinel which will definitely give you grief.

Nightstar

(lvl 53)

The easiest AV of them all. She has no stun protection. That is also independent of the purple triangles, so she will be mezzed most of the fight. I ran her at lvl 53 because she has 75% psi res so it is basically like fighting a practice dummy and a waste of time.

Tyrant (Olympic Guard)

(lvl 54)

He’s the real deal. Resistances to all damage, bonus debuff protection, not just bonus acc, but boosted beyond what is regularly considered the bonus that AV’s get, his tohit floor is 12.67% (for reference). Huge damage output.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jprewitt73 said:

Or are you relying more on the -Regen from Drain Psyche and other debuffs from Incarnates?

It varies a bit encounter by encounter, but

Objectively:

90% earth (stoney)

7% psi

3% incarnate powers

Which is to say, ALL of these encounters would fail without earth control, but I could work around the absence of psi if I really had to. Incarnates just smooth out the process, some might have to dip down to lvl 53, most wouldn't matter.

Mathematically the -regen of drain psyche is not very significant against a +3 AV

ex. Lvl 54 = 65% level effectiveness, Resisted by 87% AV special

=500%*65%*13%

=42.25% debuff that gets through

Their regen is ~104hp/sec so they still have ~60 hp/sec after drain psyche hits them (it's not perma and it has to hit them)

You could make up that ~44dps gained from Drain Psyche with another good attack and/or a higher damage secondary, but the recovery boost it gives me is quite valuable and the small health regen from 1 target is better than nothing.

I'm not sure what incarnate debuffs you are thinking of? the powerful ones are found in Lore Pets. I sometimes use Paralytic Interface, which at max can debuff +3 AV damage by 13% (rarely works out that way though), but I mostly use reactive radial for extra damage. 

3 hours ago, jprewitt73 said:

Is there anything in particular about Earth Control that helps with the AV killing aspect

I mean it is pretty clear in every video what Earth is doing that no other primary does. The AV's don't attack me. It is the same tactic that controllers (but not doms) use with Phantom Army

I barely toss out mezzes outside of when I expect the triangles to drop.