Ice/Savage Build Review

jprewitt73

I recently finished my Ice/Savage Dom and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice moving forward to help increase survivability. This is what I'm currently running: 

image.thumb.png.47e62922e83b200fa28b4615277c2cef.png

Dominator (Ice Control - Savage Assault).mbd

I can pop a small purple and be close to the soft cap, but I'm wondering if there are some things I may have missed or some additional slotting that will make this really go crazy. I would like to be able to solo and team about 50/50. Any thoughts?

• 2x lvl 50 recharge IOs in Hasten is enough. The 3rd does almost nothing.
  • I wouldn't bother slotting Ice Slick for damage and %procs generally don't perform well in pseudo-pets. I typically slot 1 recharge IO. 
  • Slot Spot Prey with the Gaussian %BU proc.
  • I generally skip Flash Freeze, but if you're going to take it I wouldn't devote more than 1 slot (the %heal proc). Sleep is autohit in PVE.
  • Slot Jack Frost with 4x Expedient Reinforcement (6x if you want the ranged defense).
  • Add the 6th slot to Cold Snap if you want the ranged defense bonus. I would also take Cold Snap much earlier than 32. It's a very good power.
  • Slot Sleet with 2x recharge IOs. Don't bother with %procs, accuracy or damage. 
  • Don't skip Unkindness. It's your best AoE attack and it accepts the Achilles' Heel proc.
  • Don't skip Call Hawk. It's the highest DPA attack in the set.
  • No travel power until lvl 49?

This is the build I'm currently leveling.

Uunnatural - Dominator (Ice Control - Savage Assault).mbd

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Thank you so much for the feedback. I will definitely be adjusting some of my choices. I've definitely noticed that my lack of any ranged attacks doesn't always make it easy to be in place to do what I need to do on a team. 

Quick question for you though: How do you survive with your end use? It looks like you're barely above the break-even point. How are you able to play fast-paced with that sort of recovery?

23 hours ago, Uun said:
  • 2x lvl 50 recharge IOs in Hasten is enough. The 3rd does almost nothing.
  • I wouldn't bother slotting Ice Slick for damage and %procs generally don't perform well in pseudo-pets. I typically slot 1 recharge IO. 
  • Slot Spot Prey with the Gaussian %BU proc.
  • I generally skip Flash Freeze, but if you're going to take it I wouldn't devote more than 1 slot (the %heal proc). Sleep is autohit in PVE.
  • Slot Jack Frost with 4x Expedient Reinforcement (6x if you want the ranged defense).
  • Add the 6th slot to Cold Snap if you want the ranged defense bonus. I would also take Cold Snap much earlier than 32. It's a very good power.
  • Slot Sleet with 2x recharge IOs. Don't bother with %procs, accuracy or damage. 
  • Don't skip Unkindness. It's your best AoE attack and it accepts the Achilles' Heel proc.
  • Don't skip Call Hawk. It's the highest DPA attack in the set.
  • No travel power until lvl 49?

This is the build I'm currently leveling.

Uunnatural - Dominator (Ice Control - Savage Assault).mbd 42.46 kB · 3 downloads

And I completely forgot to say, but I rarely take travel powers before level 49. The temp travels from the P2W vendor does more than enough for me usually. Just my own personal preference. 

2 hours ago, jprewitt73 said:

Quick question for you though: How do you survive with your end use? It looks like you're barely above the break-even point. How are you able to play fast-paced with that sort of recovery?

It's definitely tight and I do need to turn off Infiltration in combat. May need to juggle slots to add a Performance Shifter in Stamina.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 7/22/2023 at 2:14 PM, Uun said:

It's definitely tight and I do need to turn off Infiltration in combat. May need to juggle slots to add a Performance Shifter in Stamina.

That makes sense! I've noticed that with permadom I don't have as many end issues as earlier levels with the auto refill, so this may be worth messing with. Being slot starved just seems to be the default for Dominators unfortunately.