What's the New Best Pairing with Storm after Pet Changes?

tjknight

Right now I'm completely obsessed with playing Masterminds! I realize however that I've never played the storm secondary.  I'm assuming Storm Summoning pairs best with ranged pet sets like Bots, Thugs, or Mercs?

My guess is that Bots/Storm is the front runner here, due to their self-healing and shields.  

Any other ideas, suggestions, or thoughts on this topic?

I play a Merc/Storm and it was good even before the changes. Spectacular after i27.5. But I think Necro/Storm will be phenomenal if endurance can be managed. There's a lot of mitigation with continuous knockdown. Pets are pretty sturdy with higher HP, regen and a self heal. A couple FF procs to get Soul Extraction, Tornado, Freezing Rain and Lightning Storm up faster. But like I said, endurance will be rough especially if using MM attacks for the specters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Demon/Storm and Thug/Storm still top of the heap.  Demon/Cold is a close second.

Since /Storm is all about more DPS, you want to pair it with top level DPS henchmen.  I love my Mercs/Cold and Mercs/Storm and Bots/Storm and Necro/Storm and...and...and....but always come back to either Demons/Storm or Thugs/Storm for raw DPS output.  

Play what you like though....pretty much any MM combo does well with /Storm since it is, after all, mostly just more DPS.  Skip/respec out of hurricane and focus on Freezing Rain, Steamy Mist, Tornado and Lightning Storm.  Throw in lots of FF+Rech procs and get your recharge way up over 200% easily.  Take every +END temp power you can because you'll be thirsty.  And go to town.  Play -OFFENSIVELY- which is why you can ignore Hurricane and Snowstorm.  Why herd them up when you can just take them out in half the time?

Have fun!