Elec/Dark Dom

StriderIV

Welcome to dom land, Strider!

I did a rough up based on my own Electric dom. Bear in mind my build is geared towards maximum offense potential, and does not pursue any softcap defenses other than incidental easy/large bonuses. This build relies purely on aggressive use of controls. Fortunately Electric has a very reliable set to work from! You do have a set of modest resists to fall back on if needed. A softcap build may be an easier intro into Dom land, but since you are quite experienced in other ATs, I trust you'll get the hang of the dom style quickly.

dominator strider elec dark.mbd

This build is designed to operate in melee range. Night Fall isn't actually bad at all as dom cones go, but I find it a bit awkward to pop in and out of melee range for the animation time.

Some highlights:

• Perma-dom (does rely on hasten).
  • Slow immunity.
  • Very heavy proc focus. /Dark has some of the best ST powers out there, especially when procced. You'll melt bosses easily, debuffing them all the while.

The playstyle is usually to open with Synaptic or Paralyzing if up, otherwise static field. Chain Fences as you approach, then dive into melee to plow things down. You also have power sink, which not only acts as an end backstop, but an alternate follow-up to your opener. You can pop Gather Shadows, dive in, Power Sink, Fences, and keep Fences cycling to halt recovery and keep them drained. Gather Shadows is good to weave into your attacks generally as you go if safety is a concern, as it buffs your -tohit. Can also pop it before Paralyzing to ensure a longer lockdown window.

Make sure you keep static field down as you go, as it is key to your survival. Go ahead and spam on cooldown, as it comes back quickly enough, and the +dam ATO is present, allowing you to keep a couple stacks up on the side.

No matter what your opener, the mob tends to bottom out on end pretty quickly even if not using power sink. You'll find that tougher fights tend to sort of stabilize in this way, allowing you time to approach things at your own pace.

The weakness of this approach is if an ambush catches you out. Keep a keen eye for over aggro, and drop a static field or emergency aoe hold to stay on your feet.

Other power considerations:

• Gremlins is good on paper, but the little guys tend to die. You might consider swapping them for Life Drain if you're hurting for the heal. Life drain is suboptimal DPA compared to the other attacks even procced out, but a useful heal. If you do this, I might steal a slot from Health or Stamina to round out the 6 slot so you can maximize procs, damage, and enhance the healing a bit as well.
  • If you don't care about the sapping strategy, consider picking up Surge of Power as a one slot wonder in place of Power Sink. You can mule one of the res +def uniques here for an extra slot, and you get another pretty effective emergency button. It also makes you feel like pure electricity!

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thanks 1

You may have already tried and are perhaps limited in other ways, but there is a guide to running Mids on Mac OS, though it's not officially supported: 

Meanwhile, here's the visual:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3b001fee28183b3c93205484e7647759.png

Apologies, I'd have to literally transcribe everything manually to parse it out in text. I love sharing, but don't have the patience for that!

You could also consider swapping Gremlins for Nightfall if you want a more complete aoe rotation, and are willing to line up the cone.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

You may have already tried and are perhaps limited in other ways, but there is a guide to running Mids on Mac OS, though it's not officially supported: 

Meanwhile, here's the visual:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.3b001fee28183b3c93205484e7647759.png

Apologies, I'd have to literally transcribe everything manually to parse it out in text. I love sharing, but don't have the patience for that!

You could also consider swapping Gremlins for Nightfall if you want a more complete aoe rotation, and are willing to line up the cone.

This is perfect, thanks for all of this Only. Gonna get it going tomorrow 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

• Thumbs Up 1