Can Launcher Get Out of Sync?

Cinnder

If I were to play for a while then shut down the game but leave the launcher running, then come back to play hours later not aware an update had taken place, what would happen?  When I click the Play button does it check for updates, or only when the launcher is first started up?

It depends on what was updated.

The client might run fine for a while, then crash or it might not start.

Basically, as soon as the client tries to do something you have not downloaded, it will probably crash.

No biggie, not anything to worry over.

It only checks when the launcher opens.

There is a setting in Tequila->Options ->Close tequila after play (something like that, not in front of my PC right now).  This ensures that you relaunch tequila every time.

EDIT: added last sentence

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

All that happens is you get in game when you click play but when you try to log in you get an error telling you that you're running the wrong version of the game, or not the most up to date version I forget the exact wording. Had it happen to me a little while ago.

All that happens is you get in game when you click play but when you try to log in you get an error telling you that you're running the wrong version of the game, or not the most up to date version I forget the exact wording. Had it happen to me a little while ago.

Ah ok, thanks.  So it does check.