Confront pull

Wavicle

On 10/23/2023 at 9:30 AM, arcane said:

Confront is in better shape than it’s ever been now that taunting Scrappers are the meta for 4* content. No changes needed.

I have yet to do any of the +* content, but I’m thrilled it was added to the game. So if what you say is true, that’s something, I guess. I’m certainly fine with the basic idea that Scrappers are a dps that can off tank.

Edited by Wavicle

On 9/9/2023 at 9:26 AM, TheZag said:

Confront is mostly skippable as it is now because of what it is usually needed for.

I'm ok with sets having niche powers. I agree that for most content, and for (what I imagine is) a majority of playstyles, Confront isn't really needed on Scrappers/Widows to handle pretty much all the content the game can throw at a team/player.

Having written the above: I have used Confront while leveling, I did find it useful for set bonuses and for content when teaming with other players that had no aggro-management (beyond auras and simply casting AoE).

I'd like to use this thread to once again remind folks that the enhancement set choices for Threat are particularly thin and not really that imaginative. If we had something like a Very Rare enhancement set for Threat I know I would more seriously consider slotting certain Threat powers. In particular, I'd like to see the following pieces exist in a hypothetical Very Rare Threat set:

• Accuracy/Threat <- Not all threat powers are auto-hit! This type of enhancement combo does not exist (except as a D-Sync!)
  • "Contagious Taunt" <- Similar to Contagious Confusion, to make single-target 'taunts' slightly more effective
  • Accuracy/Endurance <- primarily for the classes that can slot Threat pieces into toggles

The other three pieces can be combinations of Threat, Range, Recharge... but I'd avoid flat-out mimicking Mocking Beratement and Perfect Zinger. I recommend this as a Very Rare set so that the pieces are unique... so presumably there would be fewer concerns about balance issues.

I can believe that a PVP/Very Rare "Taunt" set was never previously added because of PVP balance concerns... but that's because I remember (or imagine I remember) an era of Live PVP where game effects like Taunt really surprised PVPers (since Taunts were so uncommonly used by enemies in PvE).... but I think we are way past worrying about how upsetting this could possibly be in PVP.

• Like 1