Review of "The Rathian Returns"

Neji_Hawke

AE Tittle: The Rathian Returns 
Arc ID: 57024

I just want some reviews and thoughts on how this AE is going. It is still a work in progress, I am still cleaning up, adding bio info to characters and testing. Any thoughts on how I can improve it or if something is missed spelled please let me know. Thank you.

I'll give it a run when I get a chance. Upcoming weekend is busier than usual. Was this the arc on Mollywauk's twitch channel?

Edited by cranebump
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

19 hours ago, cranebump said:

A Kyksie sighting! Feel honored, Neji.:-)

Yep, for the most part I've given up reviewing arcs. Back on Live, there were 392 new arcs every week, so people needed some sort of guide as to which were worth their time and which sucked. Here we get 2-3 arcs a month, and almost all are consistently good.

As for The Rathian Returns, the player (reduced to level 34 for some reason) is talking with a contact named "Bunbree", who tells us how "the Rathian" fell, so we go to Croatoa to watch, or maybe we're traveling back in time or something. We beat off loads of Tuatha to rescue the guy and then get hit with an EB ambush. Then to Neutropolis to click eight glowies and fight another EB, then a warehouse where we fight Arachnos, click nine glowies, then fight a Skull EB who spawns near the entrance and runs when low on health, mission failed. Finally we go to Atlas, where we smash three "death cauldrons" and fight an eb who is invisible until you are on top of him.

The arc is clearly a love letter to the author's chars, but I can forgive that because it doesn't remind us how awesome they are every thirty seconds. I can almost forgive excessive glowies, tough EBs without warning the player, and a boss that requires ten minutes searching. What I can't forgive is the million billion spelling errors.

durr.jpg.f140ed4bacdbaf36c97a4a2425415a3e.jpg

If you're making pancakes for someone, first make sure that the skillet is clean and the pancake mix didn't expire during the Bush administration. If you're going to give someone a ride to work, clean your kids' vomit off the back seat first, maybe spray a little Febreze or something. And if you're making an AE arc, especially a story focused one, give it at least one pass through a spell checker first.

Edited by Kyksie
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, TerroirNoir2 said:

To be honest @Kyksie I don't know where you found the time! My own output has slowed down considerably given some changes in real life and there's not much I can do about that right now.

+1. Doing even 1 review in just minimal fashion takes as long as just running several solo mishes (y'know...just playing the game). Doing an in-depth one, even of a single arc, is a full day's work (and then some, if you do what TN's been doing).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.