?/atomic

Atomitor

I'm thinking of rolling a/atomic blaster but I don't know what main to go. I will end up playing this mainly in melee range.

I'm currently leaning towards either dp or water but not set on them.

I won't use fire or elec as I already play them.

What would you all suggest?

Indomitable server

Atomitor, Tarquin, Atomito, Daltron, Fusebox and more tbc

I have a water/atomic and I love him! The two AoE's are awesome. The minor heal isn't that bad either. The special that gives a boost to 4 of the powers can really help in a pinch, especially when used with Gyser - your final power.

This is probably going to be an unorthodox opinion, but I'm playing Energy/Atomic and love it. I skipped Energy Torrent (don't care for it and my intent was to stand in the middle of spawns anyway, so the cone AoE didn't fit) and slotted KB->KD into Explosive Blast and all the knockdown I can generate does a great job of complementing my other control powers to keep me and my team very safe even in the thick of it. I get to take full advantage of Beta Decay to debuff and leech recharge, which also means that I can hit perma-Hasten with ease and Nova with shocking frequency. Bonfire (w/ KB->KD slotting) from my Epic pool just turns the entire strategy up to 11. I can stand in the middle of a spawn totally safe while alternating Explosive Blast and Atom Smasher as they all bounce up and down like popcorn.

In short, I play her like a walking bomb. She just runs at people and explodes all day long and it is fantastic!

I have a pistols/atomic at level 30. I don't pretend to be an expert on any of this stuff, but I'm enjoying it so far. I think water has a little better aoe than pistols, and pistols has a little better single target than water, but pistols still has very good aoe. But I might be wrong, though. I think both sets probably work well with the in your face style of /atomic. Am looking forward to the higher tier powers.

I looked at the pros and cons of all the mains and then thought, hang on, what's as cool as an atomic gun slinging cowboy robot?

NOTHING!

Indomitable server

Atomitor, Tarquin, Atomito, Daltron, Fusebox and more tbc