Electric/En/El witch

ryokoryu

ok so I was reading late last night and decided to ask for help with a build I am having a hard time with as there just doesn't seem to be enough slots to go around with what I am trying to do.  I mistyped the topic as fire/en/el witch because I was reading a fire/regen build discussion elsewhere.  So I hid that post and am re-posting this.  I wish to get this build set up to be effective slotting out Arcane bolt also but I don't seem to have enough slots to go around.  The arcane pool and AB is critical to her theme.  I am looking to generally do incarnate content with this build so ITF, Tinpex, Ms Liberty, Etc.  I plan on putting another red fortune in Repelling Force in order to get that cooldown.  I plan on putting Positrons Blast in ball lightning.  this is what I have in game now.

Eldritch Shock Sentinel (Electrical Blast - Energy Aura).mbd

You can edit your post title. Since you responded to me, I got a notification, but since the thread was deleted, I don't know what was said. I forgot mention, I don't see the need for the Power Transfer IO.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Tesla Cage is an important part of Elec Blast on Sentinels, because unlike on other ATs, it does a lot more damage here. Don't skip it. Air Superiority is probably what should be dropped in exchange for Tesla. But that unfortunately means we have to drop Evasive as well since that power needs 2 prereqs. 

Ultimately I think the issue is that you've got too many pool power attacks in conjunction with your primaries, which makes it very hard to slot them all and it's also hard to use them all because you only have so much animation/recharge time budget to work with. Hasten might be entirely overkill with this many attacks (there is a such thing as too many attacks). 

A consequence of this is that I had a hard time getting S/L defenses up to softcap even with the help of the Agility incarnate ability (only 42.8% without it). People normally avoid Agility (and Spiritual) because the recharge reduces damage proc rates, but since I barely slotted any procs, that's not an issue here. One idea could be to swap Chain Fences with Havoc Punch, which would let you 5-slot Superior Blistering Cold to get a massive boost to those two defense types. But then we run into the slot famine problem again...Or maybe just underslot Charged Bolt and ignore it in favor of the other attacks, since you've got like 800 of them anyways. 

Here is what I managed to make with it. Note that I have a very unconventional and decidedly "not meta" way of building (i.e. I like to chase sets instead of damage procs). And it might be a little expensive due to all of the purple and winter sets. 

Eldritch Shock Sentinel (Electrical Blast - Energy Aura).mbd

Edited by FupDup
  • Like 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

5 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

You can edit your post title. Since you responded to me, I got a notification, but since the thread was deleted, I don't know what was said. I forgot mention, I don't see the need for the Power Transfer IO.

can't edit the topic

5 hours ago, ryokoryu said:

can't edit the topic

So why does the title for my thread say Edited?

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

4 minutes ago, ryokoryu said:

then I can't figure out how to as I don't see any options in the title section.

Upper right corner of your post there are three dots. Click on them and choose Edit. You should be able to edit your post and title from there. If you can't, then you need to find out why.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

• 2 weeks later

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and offer up the build I have drafted for my main, Astrum. I'm certainly open to feedback. I'd just like to throw out there that I'm not a minmaxer, and a lot of my builds are more concept-based than centered on min-maxing. I've been hoping to squeak out a bit more defense/resistance on the build, especially to shore up the pretty glaring psi-hole that I've found myself in.

Thoughts?

Here's a snapshot of my current build and associated totals. The actual file for the build is attached too:

image.thumb.png.cc94128a463ea92a6d77ef9f47614746.png

image.png.58331a4948fdb6ecd9556b0d7a6ba94f.png

Astrum - Sentinel (Electrical Blast).mbd

• Like 1

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)