Help with Plant/Fire/Ice

Mr. Apocalypse

Below is my plant/fire/ice build. I have yet to build it on live. I am seeking any advice on how to pump up its numbers before I start buying stuff.

I played this toon up to lvl 50 then moved on to other things.  It is time to slot it with the goods,  but have no real direction as to what to do.  This Mid's build was made several years ago, so probably could use some changes.  

https://mids.app/build/preview/dzlHC2W1vFs.htm

Low Down Leprechaun - Dominator - Plant Control_Fiery Assault_Ice Mastery.mxd

Your build seems fairly well put together overall. 

One potentially useful change would be to drop flares and take incinerate in its place. Then you can shift slots and the hecatomb set from boxing into incinerate and you then have a melee attack that does reasonable DPA.

As a minor suggestion drop damage / recharge from the posi sets and put the other IO you're not using in there instead, at least for roots. The reduction in proc rates often makes slotting the damage / recharge IO in the Posi set unappealing.

As one more thought, if you can get more  movement / recharge debuff resistance into your build then your dom will function better in a variety of situations in which movement / recharge debuffs are plentiful. 

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
  • Like 1

A good build overall!

However, Carrion Creeper slotting could use some work.

They are very responsive to procs, but Targeted Aoe procs will provide significantly more return. From there, if you have room and want to add more procs, immob procs are a distant second. Slow procs do very little at all due to the behavior of the summon.

Additionally, you will ideally want some native accuracy in Creepers, as they are not auto-hit when making their own attacks. You have sleet to help with this, but it's high level only and won't always be applied to all targets.

Since you're not properly hitting softcap, you might consider ditching the halfway approach, and doubling down on damage throughout the build.

Additionally, you may find it hard to sustain end with the fighting pool here. You might consider going sorcery for Rune instead. Even with regular injections for domination refills and sometimes consume, the timing will not always work out with only ~1 end per second in the positive.

Your Global Recharge is high enough for perma hasten, which is handy, but not high enough for Perma-dom without Hasten. I would consider allowing some of these bonuses to drop in pursuit of more proc damage and better slow resist totals. You'll still have plenty of fudge room for perma-dom, and won't be thrown out of it by errant slows.

• One easy change is putting your celerity +stealth into Sprint, and dropping Winter unique into Super Speed.

Here's my own Plant/fire/fire for reference (note my snipe is on quick form) in mids:

Dominator - Plant Control - Fiery Assault mk2.mbd

Not everything is 1:1 with the different epic of course, but the slotting focus may be useful as a reference!

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thumbs Up 1