How do you set your base Accuracy in MIDS?

2 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Why would one want to do this?

From what I understand it's the best way to tell if you're maxing - or WAY overmaxxing - your accuracy. When deciding on IO sets that can be important sometimes. I've seen it referenced lots of places, but I can't figure out how to do it.

See the far right?  Choose the level difference right for you.  If you want .39 you'd choose +4.

I default to +3 (.48) because that's really what I'd encounter solo (including alpha shift).  If fighting higher then there's invariably some to-hit buffs from teammates to help out.

image.png.a8256d12a504cc431396a4777ed118bd.png

The "why" is simple, you want to see your final to-hit against the type of enemies you'll be facing.

Edited by Hedgefund

13 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

See the far right?  Choose the level difference right for you.  If you want .39 you'd choose +4.

I default to +3 (.48) because that's really what I'd encounter solo (including alpha shift).  If fighting higher then there's invariably some to-hit buffs from teammates to help out.

image.png.a8256d12a504cc431396a4777ed118bd.png

The "why" is simple, you want to see your final to-hit against the type of enemies you'll be facing.

SO very helpful - in a million years I wouldn't have seen that drop-down. Thank-you.

So the goal is to get to 95% on your attacks with that drop down whatever you want it to be, correct? Anything beyond that is kind of like going over the soft-cap on defense?

Edited by Story Archer

Yes, I look to make sure anything that needs to hit is at 95%.  There may be some odd exceptions like some mule powers but for the most part yes, 95.

Just as going over soft-cap for def is a hedge against Def debuffs, excess accuracy is a hedge against to-hit debuffs on you and enemy def buffs.  Accuracy bonuses from sets and accuracy bonuses within those same sets tend to provide a ton of accuracy.  Most VR sets include a 15% accuracy bonus.  Slot 4 of those and you have 60% acc bonus.  There are tons of 7 and 9% bonuses as well.  My point is that ultimately if you're making a "good" build accuracy takes care of itself.

Heyas

? - Does mids use the regular 'ChanceToHit' formula from arcanaville?  Is there a way to see the calculation?

-Just wondering, because from OP looks like it's for a lvl 50 build going for the 95% chance vs more difficult enemies...sometimes this calc can be a bit misleading depending on archetype, because of the 'DefDeBuff' portion of the formula.  Though, it does indeed add to your 'ChanceToHit'... but most of the debuff is resisted by a higher lvl enemy when the attack makes contact.  So, numbers may be misleading at times.

Things to consider:

-Your tolerance to missed/deflected attack clicks.

-Archetype

-Style of play.

-Typical difficulty/team size settings you run for yourself.

-Solo, vsmall team, full team.

-Pace of play: speed or regular.

-What I may think is good may be different from your idea of good... so I like numbers to make me feel good. lol.

Have a good day. Peace

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....