Theory crafting: Psi/TA/Flame

SeraphimKensai

Morning last night I felt the urge for a new toon and I rolled up a psi/ta/flame blaster via my random toon generator.

It got me wondering as I don't think I've ever seen this combo in the wild. I'm sure some people have one as on paper it looks like a reasonable combo playing mostly at range aside of dropping into PBAoE range for the nuke.

Personally I have experience with both sets up to 50 independent of each other, but like I said I've never seen the two combined at least in homecoming (I did have an suboptimal TA/Psi defender on live when trick arrow was first released, but even then I never ran into another).

I figure this toon would largely play at range, while using things like glue arrow, OSA, and Bonfire to keep things under a lot of DoT ticks, while blasting away with psi tornadoes and it's ST-rotation. OSA would be ignited at lower levels by ENA or an energy/fire proc, and later also with bonfire or char.

I'm not asking for builds as I like to make my own, but figured I'd pop up this thread to see if anyone has tried pairing psi blast and tact arrow and see what experiences people may have with it. I did a cursory search through the blaster subforum and didn't see anything combining the two.

Thanks folks.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it would be a mighty fine combo, and a stellar pure ranged build.

You'll readily light your oil slick with procs from glue arrow or psi darts (proccy proc these out for sure) just as you say. Glue+ psi debuffs = some actual meaningful mitigation from the recharge slows as well.

Beyond that, there's no special trick to success here. You are familiar with both sets, and they should work just as you expect! /TA is in my opinion the best ranged support secondary for blasters, and Psy blast has some fun range advantages like the range bonus on snipe, extra range on powers.

Other than the -recharge stacking, I don't think there are any super special synergies - just all around good powers. The main thing is that /TA doesn't demand any special positioning, so you can feel free to take advantage of that range.

• Like 1