Scourge is broken (of course)

Greymistbc1

Scourge, as an inherent, is pretty iffy unless you are on a team hunting GMs.  This is especially true considering how many DOT/Rain type powers seem like they should scourge, but don't, and the powers are pretty opaque about that.

(suggestion: put "Scourge Power" in the description of those that can scourge over time)

However... the power itself is broken.

From the wiki: Scourge offers no chance of critical damage until the target has less than 50% health. The chance then smoothly increases to 100% once the target has only 10% or less of its health remaining. These percentages are based on the target's base health -- targets with large health boosts from powers can effectively delay the point at which Scourge damage starts being possible.

I was testing in Striga against solo council.  My targets had 201 HP.  My cloudburst was doing 10 ticks of 9.8 (so just under 5% of target health each tick.

I would take them down to just under 50% HP, then cloudburst.   Sometimes it would 'scourge' 2-3 times before death.

But... sometimes it would take them to zero, 5% at a time, and never scourge.  This should not be possible.

Anyone have any insight on this?

I think the quirk here is if you know if you are looking at their base health or not. Also: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/32-bug-reports/

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 5 weeks later