Bots question

Achilles6

I just popped 50 on my Bots/FF MM. I'm contemplating a respec. Here's my question(s). Other than the Protector Bot throwing a heal now and then, is there any reason to slot Upgrade Robot over Maintenance Drone? I rarely see the PB heal any of my other bots. The Maintenance Drone on the other hand is an absolute beast at healing. Am I missing something, or is the Maintenance Drone the better power to slot?

• Like 1

Maintenance Drone is better. Though arguably, no additional slots in either is still solid. I did some MD testing awhile ago and slotting an IO set increases it's heal value. It does not increase MD's HP, frequency of heals, quantity of heals etc.

MD heals 4 times before self destructing regardless of slotting.

MD base heal is 267.72 hp per heal. 
Single IO (+42.4%) - 381.23 hp.
Boosted single IO (+53%) - 409.61 hp
Double IO (+83.3%) - 490.73 hp
Boosted double IO (+95.9%) - 524.5 hp
Triple IO (+99.1% heal) - 532.5 hp.
Full IO set (+97.5%) - 528.75 hp

Did a bit of testing. Group Fly and falling from max height in AP. Just to see how often Protector Bots heal until MD self destructs. 

10:06 - MD 4 heals/PB 3 heals
10:08 - MD 4/PB 2
10:11 - MD 4/PB 3
10:13 - MD 4/PB 1
10:15 - MD 3/PB 4

Crossed out 2 PB heals at 10:13/10:14 as MD self destructed already. 10:15 MD just did nothing after 3 heals. Info shows PB Repair has a 30s recharge, MD shows a 2s recharge.

image.thumb.png.4e9210425ff81df35ece3fb47d16ff02.png

• Thanks 2

Another question...Repulsion Bolt or Damping Bubble?? I wouldn't even question it except the new Repulsion Bolt has a -15% resistance for 30 seconds. That and the Damping bubble numbers seems a bit anemic. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

58 minutes ago, Achilles6 said:

Another question...Repulsion Bolt or Damping Bubble?? I wouldn't even question it except the new Repulsion Bolt has a -15% resistance for 30 seconds. That and the Damping bubble numbers seems a bit anemic. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I'd take both to be honest, -15% res stacks with the -11.25% res of force bomb. Dampening Bubble not only helps you out, but has a  substantial debuff to enemies tohit. Unslotted, that's like making any enemy standing in the dampening Bubble need to overcome 25.95% defense to hit you. Tohitdebuffs are great, although they do get affected by the purple patch and some mobs have resistance to tohitdebiffa.

The real reason to slot Maintenance Drone is IMO for Recharge (and enhancement set bonuses). I would absolutely take Repulsion bolt for the -Resistance. I think you also ought to be taking the Primary attacks for the same reason. I would probably only slot Repulsion Bolt with a KB->KD and 50+5 or Superior Acc/Dam/End piece (I don't think there is an option for just Acc/End).

Dampening Bubble can hold some Defense globals, so don't skip it out of spite.

OOOF!!! I hadn't even considered "enhancable" DDR. Hmmmm...what are we looking at....maybe 20% fully enhanced? That's not too bad...if I had slots. As of right now either Damping Bubble single-slotted or Repulsion Bolt single-slotted. Damn tough decision...Looking at Mid's, with 1 50+5 Def IO, it shows 17.11%

On another note...I did take all 3 primary attacks (tidge).

I do not have Repulsion Bomb (SeraphimKensai).

I did take Repulsion Field...which I love!