Brutes and hard mode ITF's 2*+

sayrir

So I'm really nowhere near to stepping foot into one of these yet, but I'm playing the game and the thought popped into my head, do people even bring brute's to these? And if they did, what sort of build would you run? Damage focus? Or would you actually attempt to tank something? How much worse of a tank than a tanker would a brute be? How much worse of a DPS than a stalker/scrapper?

Pretty much anything will work with team support. That said, I was playing around awhile back with a KM/EA Stalker, Scrapper and Brute build. Basically high up time Overload and cycling Demonic Aura accolade/Melee resist incarnate toggle to cover the downtime. All three were able to handle single group mobs in a solo environment HM ITF at +2. Brute was much safer given it had a extra 1k Hp to soak spikes ( 3k limit). It's a little different than handling 54s non HM given the extra threats at play though, more moving around and making sure you don't get boxed in. I used ageless debuff resist as well.

• Like 1

Brutes do fine in this content.  Depending on the sets/build.  (At this level you need a “real” build) you will find your Brute doing different roles.  A whatever/Invulnerability Brute might be off tanking (or Tanking!) this.  A Fire/Fire Brute might be rolling in a “heavy scrapper” style of play.  It really depends on a number of factors.

1) how well you know the content at the difficulty your team is running it

2) your Brutes powersets 

2a) your Brutes build

2b) probably most importantly….how well you run this particular Brute at this level of play

3) team composition, almost more important in this is very experienced players over “perfect team assignments”.  
4) if everyone is having fun. A have fun team will get through tough times way better than a bunch of grumpy old vampires…erm.  

okay, good luck 🧛

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1