Hybrid Melee Radial Path Taunt Aura

Trickshooter

This was something I had sent to Synapse years ago and he said he'd forward to Arbiter Hawk, but then it turned out to be right before the sunset announcement was made, so I don't know if this was ever fixed:

Someone asked for the Taunt mags and durations of the Radial Path of the Melee Hybrid Tree, and I posted them:

Melee Radial Genome: Mag 3.4 for 2.1s every 2s

Melee Partial Radial Graft: Mag 6.8 for 2.1s every 2s

Melee Total Radial Graft: Mag 10.2 for 2.1s every 2s

Melee Radial Embodiment: Mag 13.6 for 2.1s every 2s

The thing is, as I was doing that I noticed that they work completely different from any other Taunt aura in the game.

Threat is calculated using Taunt Duration, not Magnitude. So as you move up the Radial Path, the Taunt doesn't actually improve your ability to maintain aggro. Instead, it only has a greater chance of overcoming Taunt Protection, which I'm not even sure many (if any) mobs have.

If the idea is to improve the Taunt effect as you move up the tree, then I think they'd do better like this:

Melee Radial Genome: Mag 4 for 3.4s every 2s

Melee Partial Radial Graft: Mag 4 for 6.8s every 2s

Melee Total Radial Graft: Mag 4 for 10.2s every 2s

Melee Radial Embodiment: Mag 4 for 13.6s every 2s

This way, the amount of Threat generated improves as you move up the tree, improving the ability to maintain aggro.

• Like 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"