Powerset Suggestion: Circus Performers

Please be gentle, it's been awhile since I've tried to design a powerset!

Circus Performers

You command a troupe of lively performers. These colorful artists specialize is stunning foes and knocking them off their feet! Circus Performers are nimble and adept at dodging, as well as trained in maintaining their balance.

rUJHD1v.png  Bullhorn Shriek

You let forth a quick Shriek through your Bullhorn, damaging your target and weakening their damage resistance.

3s Recharge

5.46 Endurance

Damage(Energy)

Damage(Smashing)

-15% ResDebuff

fQC4m8E.png  Summon Clowns

Summon one to three Clowns (depending on your level) to do your bidding. Clowns are nimble and capable fighters, especially since most enemies will let their guards down around a harmless Clown. You may only have 3 Clowns under your control at any given time. If you attempt to call Clowns, you can only replace the ones you have lost in battle. If you already have three, the power will fail.

60s Recharge

19.5 Endurance

Basic Abilities   Train Performers   Upgrade Performers
Juggling Pin Bash
Damage(Smashing)
Damage(Fire) Tagged FieryPerformance
Disorient(Mag2)(50% Chance)

Guards Down
-5% DmgDebuff on foes within 7 ft
-5% DefDebuff on foes within 7 ft

Inherent Resistance & Defense
+5% Defense(All Positions)
Res(Knockback, Knockup, Immobilize)
  Banana Peel Throw
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 KnockUp

Seltzer Water
Damage(Cold)
-5% ToHitDebuff
  Explosive Juggling Pin
Damage(Lethal)

Juggling Pin Jawbreaker
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 KnockUp

voYK3Wh.png  Bullhorn Scream

You Scream through your Bullhorn causing serious damage to a target while weakening their resistance to further damage.

6s Recharge

9.62 Endurance

Damage(Energy)

Damage(Smashing)

-15% ResDebuff

uw1f0tU.png  Train Performers

Train your Henchmen to perform new tricks to use against your foes. This power permanently bestows new powers and abilities to all of your Circus Performer Henchmen. The powers gained are unique and dependent upon the type of Henchman. This power only works on your Circus Performer Henchmen and you can only Train your Henchmen once with this power.

6s Recharge

22.75 Endurance

90CA4qR.png  Bullhorn Howl

You release a short range, but powerful Howl through your Bullhorn that damages foes in a cone in front of you, as well as reducing their resistance to damage.

10s Recharge

13 Endurance

Damage(Energy)

Damage(Smashing)

-15% ResDebuff

UToU22z.png  Summon Acrobats

Summon one to two graceful Acrobats (depending on your level). Acrobats have superior reflexes compared to Clowns. The first Acrobat focuses on their strong legs while the second is a tightrope walker who attacks with a balance pole. You may only have 2 Acrobats under your control at any given time. If you attempt to call more, you can only replace the ones you have lost in battle. If you already have your maximum allowed number, the power will fail.

90s Recharge

19.5 Endurance

Acrobat:

Thunder Kick
Damage(Smashing)
Disorient(Mag2)(30% Chance)

Jump Kick
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 Knockup(80%)

Throw Sand
-5% ToHitDebuff
Disorient(Mag2)(80%)

7.5% Defense(All Positions)
  Dragon's Tail
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 Knockback(75%)

Storm Kick
Damage(Smashing)
  Axe Kick
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 Knockback(40%)
-7.5% DefDebuff
-1.6 FlyDebuff

Crane Kick
Damage(Smashing)
Knockback(60%)

Tightrope Acrobat:

Mercurial Blow
Damage(Smashing)
-5% DefDebuff

Precise Strike
Damage(Smashing)

7.5% Defense(All Positions)
  Guarded Spin
Damage(Smashing)
+5% Defense(Melee)

Serpent's Reach
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 Knockback(80%)
  Sky Splitter
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 KnockUp
Disorient(Mag3)
-1.6 FlyDebuff

Eye of the Storm
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 Knockback(40%)

xN4rdVt.png  Summon Firebreather

Turn up the heat on your foes with a performance from a Firebreather! Your Firebreather will attack foes from a distance with Fiery Breath that leaves behind burning patches of fuel. The Firebreather will also occasionally ignite your other Henchman’s weapons, adding Fire Damage to all their attacks for a short time. Because fire breathing is dangerous work, this performer won’t stick around for long and will eventually retreat to recover. The Firebreather cannot gain new abilities from Train Performers and Upgrade Performers.

600s Recharge

13 Endurance

Fire Breath

Damage(Fire)

Burn Patch

Damage(Fire)

Fiery Performance

100% chance to all effects tagged FieryPerformance

IfLt38A.png  Summon Strongman

Summons an intimidating Strongman to join your troupe. The Strongman is nimble like most Circus Performers, but is also fairly tough. This performer attacks with a large mallet that stuns and knocks down most enemies.

120s Recharge

19.5 Endurance

Hammer Bash
Damage(Smashing)

Hammer Pulverize
Damage(Smashing)

+5% Defense(Melee)
+20% Res(Smashing, Lethal)
  Hammer Jawbreaker
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 KnockUp

Whirling Hammer
Damage(Smashing)
  Hammer Crowd Control
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 Knockback

Hammer Shatter
Damage(Smashing)
0.67 Knockback

4VDapHY.png  Upgrade Performers

Upgrade your Performers with advanced and exciting skills. The Upgraded Performers will gain new abilities and powers. The powers gained are unique and dependent upon the type of Henchman that is Upgraded. Upgrade Performers only works on your Circus Performers and you can only Upgrade your Henchmen once with this power.

10s Recharge

22.75 Endurance

• Like 2

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

It’s like a circus of crime!  +1 for new powersets!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Seems a little basic? All three tier 1 pets are identical, there's only one move across the three pet powers that isn't just an attack, and the tier 7 power seems like it only summons another pet to have another power to put pet IOs in.

Seems a little basic? All three tier 1 pets are identical, there's only one move across the three pet powers that isn't just an attack, and the tier 7 power seems like it only summons another pet to have another power to put pet IOs in.

Well, about it being basic, I wanted it to seem doable in the current state of the game, so I tried to limit new mechanics and gimmicks.

For the tier 1 pets, they are all the same, but to be fair, the other Primaries are kind of split, with 4 having different tier 1s, and 3 having them all the same. Since I knew I wanted the second tier pets to be different (something that is currently only done in Demon Summoning, I think), I figured it would be okay to leave the tier 1 pets all the same.

Although if I'm being honest, the original plan for the tier 1 pets was that the third would be a firebreather. Then, instead of summoning a Firebreather pet at tier 7, the power was just going to be Fiery Performance, with the MM giving his pets fire damage. Then I realized while I was writing descriptions out, you couldn't slot Fiery Performance with anything unless I made it a Build Up also, which I didn't want to do because then I couldn't have it as an AoE or else it'd have to be on a really long recharge. So the Firebreather was pulled out and made a temporary pet that could grant Fiery Performance.

Also, I agree the non-attacks are lacking, and I did want to add more, but I also had concerns about Pet AI using anything efficiently. However, I do consider the Clowns aura another non-attack power in the mix. When they're together they're potentially debuffing a group of enemies by -15% Damage and Defense.

Basically I had bigger ideas, but I don't know what is and isn't possible right now.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

Please tell me they show up in tiny cars.

I was thinking something simpler, like using the PrestoChango costume change emote.  ;D

Please tell me they show up in tiny cars.

No. Each tier summons brings in one car, out of which however many pets you get for that tier pile out, except for the Strongman, who zooms in seated in an Al Bahr-like miniature car, then dives out, rolling to his feet while the car zooms on and fades out (comparable to the arrival of the tier 3 Thugs pet). The Tier 1 and 2 cars, however, must be obviously too small to hold even one pet of that tier, much less 3.