Arctic Air with World of Confusion?

jjolin01

Has anyone tried this since they revamped Ice Domination?

I know the confuse on both get enhanced by domination. Would it be worth it to pick up both? Would it be enough confuse to affect say, an arch villain while under domination, instead of just Boss mobs?

• Like 1

I ran it for a bit on my Ice dom, I think with domination adding on AA, you only really need that, as the stacking really works nicely. AA alone with domination going I was able to confuse bosses at times, AVs not so much. You might be able to with AA and WoC but you need to be able to hit the target with WoC for it to trigger. While it is usually easier to confuse a AV(?) I think single target is the way to go their, than the auras as they have a pulse of 2 secs per tick to trigger confusion -AA-, and then WoC has a pule and a to-hit, when could miss or not get enough triggers on the stack for it.

My honest opinion, AA with domination is enough for mobs and bosses, WoC does not help much with that in Ice, and AVs will be very hard no matter what with those.

• Like 1

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

2 minutes ago, Dr_Snokle said:

I ran it for a bit on my Ice dom, I think with domination adding on AA, you only really need that, as the stacking really works nicely. AA alone with domination going I was able to confuse bosses at times, AVs not so much. You might be able to with AA and WoC but you need to be able to hit the target with WoC for it to trigger. While it is usually easier to confuse a AV(?) I think single target is the way to go their, than the auras as they have a pulse of 2 secs per tick to trigger confusion -AA-, and then WoC has a pule and a to-hit, when could miss or not get enough triggers on the stack for it.

My honest opinion, AA with domination is enough for mobs and bosses, WoC does not help much with that in Ice, and AVs will be very hard no matter what with those.

Thanks for the info! Is your Ice Dom Psicy Chill? Would you mind sharing your build?

At the moment, I am not running mids on my PC at home, as it is a nightmare to run a Linux for me at the moment. When I am at home, I can grab a couple screen shots to show it a bit for ya. Unless there is a online Mids page I can use and I can recreate it for you there. Still I will work on getting something together so you can take a peak into it.

• Like 1

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

So after a bit of muking around I got MIDS up and running on my PC. I was able to replicate what I currently am using. I do have a couple notes on the current rendition:

1. I might swap my purple hold in block of ice for the ATO and use the purple immob in frostbite. Trying to leverage the +dam more for single attacks.

2. Flash freeze is a great proc bomb for some extra AOE damage and brings nice setup for AA confuse procs.

3. Drain Psyche is kinda a test style for it trying to maximize heal, acc, and rech in smaller set bonuses. I will probably move more towards HO setup as I am not interested in the bonuses.

4. AA is an end hog, I mean a freaking end hog half of my end consumption comes from that. If I am doing normal mobing and hitting Drain with perma dom hits, I do not have a lot of issues with end, AV hunting is different as it is more for the long run in fights.

5. Res > Def, resistance is huge for doms the epic powers for res give a tonne of support. Getting to 25-30% def is more than enough with control and resistance layers.

6. I ran Ageless for a while with a soft-cap def build to cover end consumption and it just was not good in the long run, especially after Def changes. Going barrier is better in the long run.

7. I run Intuition for hold, range and slow bonus which really helps. If you have more issues with end, Cardiac is also great for Ice with range, end reduction, and damage resistance.

8. Range Winter in Snipe is not needed per say, I wanted some more fire and cold resistance and the recharge resistance is nice. Manti snipe IOs would be a perfect replacement.

XX. There are a log of fantastic dom runners on the forums who could probably get a tighter build than I have right now, but I feel this really hits a very smooth pace now and handles itself very well.

====Data Chunk====

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

Edited by Dr_Snokle
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dr_Snokle said:

7. I run Intuition for hold, range and slow bonus which really helps. If you have more issues with end, Cardiac is also great for Ice with range, end reduction, and damage resistance.

For future me, use cardiac. Make the blue bar much better.

Also consider vigor radial alpha incarnate. It enhances healing, endurance reduction, accuracy, confuse duration, sleep duration, and fear duration.   

Needing minimal or no accuracy slotting opens up new options for damage procs. Vigor may also allow the removal of slots from some powers with no loss of functionality, which can allow for more slots in other powers. 

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

Also consider vigor radial alpha incarnate. It enhances healing, endurance reduction, accuracy, confuse duration, sleep duration, and fear duration.   

Needing minimal or no accuracy slotting opens up new options for damage procs. Vigor may also allow the removal of slots from some powers with no loss of functionality, which can allow for more slots in other powers. 

Hm that is interesting, I might have to give that a test this weekend. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dr_Snokle said:

Hm that is interesting, I might have to give that a test this weekend. 

Give it some time for the build planning phase. It tends to not be a minor change to switch to vigor because it opens up several-to-many slotting options that would previously have been dysfunctional, but that tend to make the build stronger when vigor has been chosen. It takes time to see what newly functional options are available and to weigh each of those possible choices. 

20 hours ago, jjolin01 said:

Would it be enough confuse to affect say, an arch villain while under domination, instead of just Boss mobs?

Most AVs have the purple triangles. When the triangles are up they have mag 50 mezz protection and can't be mezzed. When the triangles are down they have boss-level mezz protection and Arctic Air alone (with Domination) should confuse them. 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Purple_Triangles

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 11/30/2023 at 9:49 AM, EnjoyTheJourney said:

Give it some time for the build planning phase. It tends to not be a minor change to switch to vigor because it opens up several-to-many slotting options that would previously have been dysfunctional, but that tend to make the build stronger when vigor has been chosen. It takes time to see what newly functional options are available and to weigh each of those possible choices. 

Went through the last few hours, retooling what I have currently and used Vigor instead taking some of the notes I said before and replacing tornado for WoC, as Tornado cast time is a bit high for my interest. Need to some to test in game to see how smooth the attack chain is, but by stats it feels smoother and better in +4 environment.

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

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 12/16/2023 at 11:43 AM, carroto said:

Is that on Linux?  If so can you offer any info about how you got it running?  I haven't had any luck myself.  I'm rocking an ancient version of Mids' currently as that's the only one I could get running.

This is the post I used to get it up and running. Lutris is the god save here.