Can heroes/villains be restored?

MidnightRider

Back when NCSoft killed the game we all so loved I saved all my toons.  I forget the name of the program used to do this but I have it on 1 of my computers.  The files created are XML format.  Can I use this with Homecoming to restore my toons???

Thanks,

Midnight Rider (ok had to go with Midnight Ryder in game)

Edited by MidnightRider
change sentence

As far i know, no there is no way to import old Characters.

You can only use it to manually recreate your Chars by looking which powers u took and how u slotted em, although theres some Changes in HC like new Enhancement Sets that u might be better just to make em completely new.

Greetings and Welcome back.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

The Character DATA cannot be imported.  Everyone on Homecoming starts at Level 1.

The Character COSTUMES from Issue 23, however can be. https://cit.cohtitan.com/senticon/  Takes the XML files you got from Sentinel+ and makes .costume files you can copy to your game's "Costume" folder.  It'll be like they left the same Tailor.

Edited by uninventive
  • Thanks 1

Apparently once you set a signature, you cannot blank it.

2 hours ago, uninventive said:

The Character DATA cannot be imported.  Everyone on Homecoming starts at Level 1.

The Character COSTUMES from Issue 23, however can be. https://cit.cohtitan.com/senticon/  Takes the XML files you got from Sentinel+ and makes .costume files you can copy to your game's "Costume" folder.  It'll be like they left the same Tailor.

@uninventive Is there some step by step manual how to do this, or did u have to have used sentinel+ before shutdown? In that case at least its not helpful for probably most players.

I as example did only make screenshots from my live toons and "coh planner" exports which are indeed xml files.

Hm i even may have my old Coh  install folder on a external Harddrive if that would help.

Edit: Just tried the xml files from "coh planner" and it said it had 6 costumes extracted so thx for the info.

Edited by SuggestorK
  • Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

• 2 weeks later
  • Game Master

Homecoming is very different to live. There is no tool to import old saved characters, and costumes are more than likely to be invalid and will fail to load as over the years costume parts have been revamped, moved around and changed. We also don't have access to any characters or accounts from live. They might be stored on an old server in the NCSoft vaults, or they may have been deleted when they shut down the game. There are so many data protection laws round the world these days it wouldn't surprise me if they purged old player data for safety and security reasons. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

costumes are more than likely to be invalid and will fail to load as over the years costume parts have been revamped, moved around and changed.

Somewhat.   I was able to import most of mine.  There were the occasional broken parts, but most of them are fixed with clicking the "fix" button.    Then a light tweaking and taking advantage of some of the new parts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1