"You have been kicked."

Heraclea

This is a new one.

AEFWv7z.jpg

What does it mean?

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Yes, and if you see that error, I believe you're going to have to delete that toon and recreate them. I had a situation where I got caught inside a mission door, couldn't get in or out (and this was happening to basically everyone) and then if you kill the game client process, you'll end up never being able to log back into that character. The message received (after the "You've been kicked" message) was that the particular character is currently logging out, and then you can never get back in, no matter how long you wait.

This whole situation seems untenable. My wife and I are considering stopping playing altogether. We appreciate greatly what the Homecoming team is done. We just doubt the viability of the situation itself. There's too many players for a free hosted effort. The fact that this group of people made this happen at all is amazing, let along to field 4 server entities, and still not have enough processing power.

Yes, and if you see that error, I believe you're going to have to delete that toon and recreate them. I had a situation where I got caught inside a mission door, couldn't get in or out (and this was happening to basically everyone) and then if you kill the game client process, you'll end up never being able to log back into that character. The message received (after the "You've been kicked" message) was that the particular character is currently logging out, and then you can never get back in, no matter how long you wait.

This whole situation seems untenable. My wife and I are considering stopping playing altogether. We appreciate greatly what the Homecoming team is done. We just doubt the viability of the situation itself. There's too many players for a free hosted effort. The fact that this group of people made this happen at all is amazing, let along to field 4 server entities, and still not have enough processing power.

Eh, I'd say give it a few weeks and see what shakes out.

its making me not want to play on these servers anymore... not only could the servers be temporary (we just dont know), but they are undear heavy load, mapserver often, and have long ques to log back in. its too much stress and uncertainty to stay fun.

Since I've gotten the character to 29 now and have a fair amount of time invested, I don't see that happening.  Got into the queue again without it happening.  Will see what happens if and when I try to get in game. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

When did this happen? How long did you wait? Did you wait a server restart? It sounds like you are having a common issue that everyone else is having, and its a jump to assume and inform everyone that you -have- to delete the character. I would urge everyone reading this not to delete your character or assume the worst just because there's a login issue, as there have been many in the past week. It's really careless to flaunt that ignorance like you actually know what's going on with that bug that's hitting people, because we don't. The only way to save your character is to delete it? Are you even thinking??

As for your "doubt" of the server's "viability", you are playing a half-finished resurrection. The volunteers who are hosting the game allowed us to play the game while they work on it for love of the community. If you are going to leave at the first sign of trouble, great, but please do not spread that pho-intellectual pessimism here.

LMAO the entitled whiners are unreal. But you know what, all you sad-sacks who want to leave; go ahead. Less queue for the rest of us. EVERY MMO has issues like this at first or after a big ass update. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Also, I didnt lose my toon when i got stuck in the door during the great door-eating of characters today.

I'm having a similar problem. It started when I "lost connection to the map server" while in a mission instance. Every time I try logging into that toon (this after 2 hours) I get this message:

9M8Ujrr.png

If I try logging back in I then get the "You have been kicked" message.

On top of that, I've been "disconnect" because of an error to DBserver.

It would appear they need to restart the servers. I'm on Excelsior myself.

I've logged into my other toons (2) to see if I could get into the one I'm having issues with. And still get that message above. So...any work around on this?

Update: Now I cannot get into any of my toons nor make a new one either. The former says the same thing as the pic I showed. The latter "loses connection to DBserver." Guess I'll wait on the servers maintenance/restart. I've got all day though...playing from the Philippines. :D

When did this happen? How long did you wait? Did you wait a server restart? It sounds like you are having a common issue that everyone else is having, and its a jump to assume and inform everyone that you -have- to delete the character. I would urge everyone reading this not to delete your character or assume the worst just because there's a login issue, as there have been many in the past week.

As for your "doubt" of the server's "viability", you are playing a half-finished resurrection. The volunteers who are hosting the game allowed us to play the game while they work on it for love of the community. If you are going to leave at the first sign of trouble, great, but please do not spread that pho-intellectual pessimism here.

I had this issue also, are the server resets on a schedule? If so where do I find this information?

When did this happen? How long did you wait? Did you wait a server restart? It sounds like you are having a common issue that everyone else is having, and its a jump to assume and inform everyone that you -have- to delete the character. I would urge everyone reading this not to delete your character or assume the worst just because there's a login issue, as there have been many in the past week.

I had this issue also, are the server resets on a schedule? If so where do I find this information?

They are not on a schedule, but the admins are aware of the issue. Unfortunately, unforseen bugs are a growing pain that every MMO has to deal with. But don't delete your character just because this ignorant person decided that's what worked for him (even though we still aren't logging in, even after that).

They are not on a schedule, but the admins are aware of the issue. Unfortunately, unforseen bugs are a growing pain that every MMO has to deal with. But don't delete your character just because this ignorant person decided that's what worked for him (even though we still aren't logging in, even after that).

Perfect. I appreciate the information. Yes I'm just happy these amazing people are taking time out of their busy lives to sustain servers for thousands of players that miss this amazing MMO.

Add my name to the list, along with my character on Excel 'Cryptech', that has/is seeing this happen.

Was trying to do a mission with a radio team and the whole team got stuck in the door. We see if we can log out to clear it, and now I'm seeing that error.

Because I am hard you will not like me. But more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair...

~Gny. Sgt. Heartman, Full Metal Jacket

I am the 'Slow Moving Madness'. I am Wandering Mania.

Nope.  Didn't get on again last night but when I relogged in this morning all was well.  Resetting the server seems to have fixed this.