The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Half of the abilities cant change their fx make it so every class has fx options.

Cheslock25

Is there a reason most classes cant use the "no fx" option while some class combos get tintable fx and minimal fx, while masterminds for example get NO FX CUSTMIZATION AT ALL. The dual pistols you cant even change the bullet colour when you use experimental ammo there's tons of other examples. I cant tell you how many times I have leveled a class at this point and stopped it because one of their abilities has no fx options and looks awful another good example is the drone in devices it leaves you constantly having the damage buff fx like the inspirations just... no.

And what about inspirations they look even worse, these giant shields and glowing colors all over your char awful for screenshots and just to look at in general I shouldn't have to edit my game files to change these things.. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cheslock25 said:

while masterminds for example get NO FX CUSTMIZATION AT ALL.

Yes, MMs do. When you create your character, on the Custom tab, you can set your MM's power FX customizations.

Primaries:

Mercenaries, Ninjas, Robotics, and Thugs have no FX options, correct.

Beast Mastery, Demon Summoning, and Necromancy allow you to change the colors of all your powers. This even affects the colors of the swarm, hawk, and crows from Beast Mastery. Though it does not affect the colors of any of the pets themselves. (For them it only affects the animation coloring.)

(Edit: Because of how MM pets work, they cannot currently be customized. We keep asking, so maybe sometime in the future.)

Secondaries:

MM secondaries include all the same FX customization options that you find in the other ATs using the same powers. Including Minimal FX. (You can find that option on Cold Domination for instance.)

1 hour ago, Cheslock25 said:

I cant tell you how many times I have leveled a class at this point and stopped it because one of their abilities has no fx options and looks awful

You can check all your AT's power FX options during character creation on the Custom tab. Even the powers you don't have access to yet.

Edited by Rudra