The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Light theme?

Without wishing to be 'that guy' I hope this is being looked into? I'd like to join in the current excitement but I can't comfortably use this website without the light theme (white text on a dark background is a headache trigger).

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council

Hey @Parabola,

We retired the light theme last week after looking at the usage stats for it and weighing it against the overhead of maintaining it.

Rather than bringing the light theme back, we'd like to investigate ways to improve our current theme so that this isn't an issue for you or other users. Do you have any suggestions on changes we can make to help here?

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

2 hours ago, Cipher said:

Hey @Parabola,

We retired the light theme last week after looking at the usage stats for it and weighing it against the overhead of maintaining it.

Rather than bringing the light theme back, we'd like to investigate ways to improve our current theme so that this isn't an issue for you or other users. Do you have any suggestions on changes we can make to help here?

Hey @Cipher,

It's basically as I say, white text on a dark background is headache fuel. Googling it people talk about a blurring effect called halation, and also that it's particularly bad if you have astigmatism which fits as I do in one eye. Unfortunately I also get migraines and this is a definite trigger.

Sadly I don't know of anything that helps other than rendering websites and documents in dark text on a light background... I have resorted to copying into blank word docs before but that's not really practical for a forum.

8 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

You could try a Chrome extension like Dark Reader.

After a bit of futzing around this just about works, thanks.

For anyone that's interested I had to install a new browser that allows extensions (kiwi on android), and then the dark reader extension. The settings that seem to work are theme: light and mode: static. The forum looks ugly and runs badly but it displays as black text on white.

• Thumbs Up 2