Level 4 problem not sure if it is related......

NavyCPO

I recently came back to the game since NC Soft gave the clearance of the IP.  Many memories flooded back as I created a char and started playing.  Anyhow.......  

I hit level 4 on a character and saw I could train Fly.  From what I remember level 14 was when you could train travel abilities back in the day.  Shrugging to myself I took fly at level 4.  When I did and exited the trainer the fly icon was not available and it made my hot bars unresponsive to anything but clicks.  I could not use  1 2 3 4 etc keys on keyboard and have the abilities respond at all.  Was it me taking fly at level 4 that did this?  Also the fly feather icon never showed up in my hot bar or for me to be able to grab it to put it in the hot bar.

Good news, you can click the Powers --> sort the list and drag the Feather / Fly icon down to your desired button location.

yeah, with Freedom / Issue 21 the tier 4 good travel powers unlocked at 4 which was awesome.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

22 hours ago, NavyCPO said:

I recently came back to the game since NC Soft gave the clearance of the IP.  Many memories flooded back as I created a char and started playing.  Anyhow.......  

I hit level 4 on a character and saw I could train Fly.  From what I remember level 14 was when you could train travel abilities back in the day.  Shrugging to myself I took fly at level 4.  When I did and exited the trainer the fly icon was not available and it made my hot bars unresponsive to anything but clicks.  I could not use  1 2 3 4 etc keys on keyboard and have the abilities respond at all.  Was it me taking fly at level 4 that did this?  Also the fly feather icon never showed up in my hot bar or for me to be able to grab it to put it in the hot bar.

I'm assuming you mean "active tray" when you are using the term "hot bar"

The "active tray" is the bottom tray of the original trays that you can expand upwards to 3.

The "active tray"  - the one that you can use the number keys (alone) to activate is always the bottom tray on that stack.

119930084_CityofHeroes-screentraylayout.thumb.jpg.ed6de7d6b55a3f81458b6408951b1e3b.jpg

In this example, the "active tray" is the bottom one on the far right with the red and orange circled powers.

The two trays that expand out of the "active tray" (in this example) are set to show trays 3 and 2. If I wanted to use one of those powers (in the trays labelled 3 and 2), I would use the mouse button to click on them, but I think you can do combos with Alts and maybe shifts to use powers in other trays (I don't do that, so I'm not sure which tray those target).

The top tray in that stack (in this example) is a pop-up menu for an extra travel power you get if when a main travel power is active (and that travel power has an extra power). Note it doesn't have a number next to it. It's just that special travel related power.

On the top of the bar you can see "powers". If you click on that, it opens a window that lists all your powers. You can drag the powers from there down into your trays.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.