Mercenary/Nature Build

Ralphie8on

So I just started the game a few days ago and made a Merc/Nature Mastermind.  I hit lvl 12 tonight and have a few questions.  When do I get to summon my 3rd soldier?  Should I be buying enhancements to keep them at green lvl?  If I do buy them what is the best enhancements for the powers?

• Like 1

I think we get our 3rd tier 1 pet at level 14 or 16. Pretty soon after getting our first tier 2 pet at level 12. Just slot what you collect while playing. The P2W vendor has some freebie procs that are good until level 20 or something. Level 20 is when I start looking at collecting IOs for the build. Some key IOs become slottable around that level like Performance Shifter proc and Miracle +rec. 

• Like 1

Mercs/Nature is one of my favorite characters.

As StrikerFox mentioned, as you level don't worry too much about slotting, just use random stuff or cheap IOs off the auction house.

For pets you want to make sure you have Accuracy, Damage and Endurance. Don;t worry about recharge. Eventually when you get some Influence you can get them the mastermind unique IOs that boost their defense and resistance.

For nature focus on recharge, heal and endurance reduction overall. When you get entangling aura you can add in hold duration enhancers. 

For stamina, focus on Endurance modification (2-3 slots). Don't worry about slotting health with healing, it is more of a mule for unique stamina procs later in the game when you are ready to purchase them.

At level 25 grab a bunch of level 25 crafted IOs to slot into your powers (or simply craft your own at the University for cheaper). 

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

• 2 weeks later

One thing to keep an eye out for is the Achilles Heel -resistance IO for your soldiers and spec-ops. They already do -defense with their cone attacks. Adding -resistance as well helps take down mobs even faster. It's a low level IO too (10 to 20), so it's got good odds of converting from another IO in the same range.