Necro/Time Question

iMExcitedI

Alpha - Musculature Core/Radial or Intuition Radial. Just to improve pet damage. Some of their other effects improve Time powers like holds, slow and -tohit debuffs.

Judgement - Up to you based on what you want and/or playstyle. Core side for more damage; Radial side for mez/secondary effects.

Interface - Degenerative Radial. I think it's still the best in regards to damage for MM/pets. If you have a power that can floor a target's regen, then Reactive Radial would be the better pick.

Lore - Up to you. I usually take whatever fits my character's theme. For Necro, I took Phantom Core. For Time, I took Cimeroran Core. Core over Radial for the extra damage pet instead of a support pet.

Destiny - Time is strong in regards to +recharge, +end, heals and getting to softcap. So I would skip Ageless, Rebirth and Barrier. I would go Clarion Radial or Incandescence Radial. Clarion Radial will buff Farsight if you use it beforehand. 

Hybrid - Support. Core if you keep pets on a tight leash. Radial if they run around all willy-nilly. Assault Radial if you're patient enough to release/resummon pets to keep Assault active all of the time.

Assault Hybrid is buggy on pets. It will only work 100% of the time if it is cast/active when summoning pets, everytime you enter a mission or zone to a new area. So if you enter a mission with your pets already active, and use Assault Hybrid, there is a good chance your pets will not get the buff. But if any MM primary is worth the headache of setting up Assault Hybrid on an MM, it would be Necro. Just to get pets and Soul Extraction pets performing doublehits would be pretty great. It will equate to a lot of extra damage for it's duration.

• 2 weeks later

On my Thug/Time

Alpha: I went Musculature. My build was solid so I wanted more dmg.

Judgement: I went Fire Ball just being I give my Incarnate stuff a Fire theme. But I'm a big fan of the Void one. The -dmg it gives is cool.

Interface: I went the Reactive to just add more fire dmg. But I agree with  Fox on this one.

Lore: I went Cimeroran Core because it's fun to imagine I'm pulling them out of there time line to help me. But most are good options.

Destiny: I went the one that gives mez protection, Clarion. You can use it when you are held, so I enjoy that when soloing. But I try to keep a couple of different once around and swap them depending on the team.

Hybrid: I went Support Core because it doubles its effects on pets. Just remember to try and keep your pets near you.

Edited by SaxyGuitar
Spelling

The idea with /time is to essentially softcap your pets' defense. To that end you build towards the idea of Perma farsight (team defense and tohit buff). I would assume you are going Black Scorpion for power boost, which improves tohit and defense further.

With maneuvers and tactics your henchmen should be close to defense softcap and have pretty good tohit. You can use the pet +defense procs to ensure you get them to the defense value you need them at.

Soul extraction last 30 seconds and has a base recharge of 150 seconds. Slowed Response, Faraight, and Chronoshift also want lots of recharge. Luckily when Chronoshift of up it also gives you and your team (not your pets) recharge. So I would make recharge a priority build goal.

For general play Incarnates I'd probably go musculature radial, ageless radial, support core.

If you get enough recharge without ageless, you could strongly consider Clarion radial for a secondary power boost that stacks with your other power boost for when you fire off Farsight and Chronoshift. This may allow you to remove the pet +defense stuff and slot damage procs to get some better DPS.

19 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

The idea with /time is to essentially softcap your pets' defense. To that end you build towards the idea of Perma farsight (team defense and tohit buff). I would assume you are going Black Scorpion for power boost, which improves tohit and defense further.

With maneuvers and tactics your henchmen should be close to defense softcap and have pretty good tohit. You can use the pet +defense procs to ensure you get them to the defense value you need them at.

Soul extraction last 30 seconds and has a base recharge of 150 seconds. Slowed Response, Faraight, and Chronoshift also want lots of recharge. Luckily when Chronoshift of up it also gives you and your team (not your pets) recharge. So I would make recharge a priority build goal.

For general play Incarnates I'd probably go musculature radial, ageless radial, support core.

If you get enough recharge without ageless, you could strongly consider Clarion radial for a secondary power boost that stacks with your other power boost for when you fire off Farsight and Chronoshift. This may allow you to remove the pet +defense stuff and slot damage procs to get some better DPS.

This is what I have, if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it

Mastermind (Necromancy - Time Manipulation).mbd

3 hours ago, iMExcitedI said:

This is what I have, if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it

Mastermind (Necromancy - Time Manipulation).mbd 43.3 kB · 1 download

I downloaded and am checking it out to prepare a few notes. I got distracted though with my toddler waking up so we're busy reading Mark Twain.

I'll get you some notes sometime today.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
Check your messages. I sent some notes and a build to compare against your own