Friends for the Win

luxlorica

Of the pets available through the villain epic pools, which is most useful for the general life of a controller?

None of them - yeeaaah, cool. But I am asking which among them.

I want to say the Tarantula, because it can come with a defense shield in the same pool and a dead controller aint controlling nuttin.

But maybe you have a view of synergies of which you are particularly fond.

I made a pretty sick Ill/Dark/Mace AV killer once that had the Tarantula along with Poisonous Ray and Arcane Bolt/Enflame. It was getting pylon times between 1:35 and 1:50 I think. I like to think the extra pet made a difference though I probably picked that one specifically because of the other powers in the pool.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fortunata has a good AI and power set compliment, she hangs back and snipes to watch your back. If you can help her with recovery she gets much better. Soul Drain is excellent for certain builds and almost all the powers have a damage component so they can be excellent dmg proc holders. I think the armor covers 4 damage types resistance wise. It’s decent, and gives a place to slot the +def uniques.

Coralax is ok if you have the mitigation to keep him alive. Waterspout is EXCELLENT (5 pack of Posi Blast and a FF +rech on the way up) , Hibernate is great for builds with lots of pets/pseudo pets or endurance issues, Armor is decent and pairs well with purple sets to give you strong smash lethal and Cold resistance IIRC.

Edited by Argentae
  • Like 1

I'm a big fan of Leviathan so I'd say Coralax.

Fortunata and Tarantulas are good too... it really depends on what you want for a theme. I'd also say it depends on your control sets to an extent, what works well etc etc.

Try them and see! 🙂

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.