Superior Invisibility (illusion) or Stealth

judgebeo

Hello,

Got a question about this two powers. Seems stealth gives you more defense than superior invisibility, and when you attack seems the two give you the same defense...

so, is there any reason why you would take superior invisibility from illusion pool? 

Thanks!!

With the changes that were made to Stealth, in regards to powers you personally have toggled on, only the strongest stealth/defense/-threat will take effect. 

This gives you:

Stealth - 55ft stealth, 2.125 defense, -100 threat

Superior Invis - 200ft stealth, 2.125 defense, -100 threat

In general, Superior Invis is slightly ahead of Stealth if you want to use it for stealth as well, but costs a bit more end.

In terms of slotting and preparing builds, it can be invaluable for certain build goals. For a Dominator trying to softcap a defense, an easy LotG mule, as a way to avoid a pool power pick (Combat Jumping, Hover, Stealth) in favor of another. If you did take Superior Invis, I would probably avoid the Concealment pool altogether due to the stacking etc. unless you need more LotG mules.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Wimbochismo said:

With the changes that were made to Stealth, in regards to powers you personally have toggled on, only the strongest stealth/defense/-threat will take effect. 

This gives you:

Stealth - 55ft stealth, 2.125 defense, -100 threat

Superior Invis - 200ft stealth, 2.125 defense, -100 threat

In general, Superior Invis is slightly ahead of Stealth if you want to use it for stealth as well, but costs a bit more end.

In terms of slotting and preparing builds, it can be invaluable for certain build goals. For a Dominator trying to softcap a defense, an easy LotG mule, as a way to avoid a pool power pick (Combat Jumping, Hover, Stealth) in favor of another. If you did take Superior Invis, I would probably avoid the Concealment pool altogether due to the stacking etc. unless you need more LotG mules.

Hey! thanks!! I was asking why to use superior invis instead of stealth, i mean, when i looked at defense stealth got better numbers BEFORE you start fighting, once you attack the two got the same defense value, and, once you start fighting your "stealth" (at least as i saw) is useless, you are detected anyway.

But reading you i thought that "why you need that defense if you are not fighting?", so, maybe, the bonus defense before you engage is not very useful, and superior invis cost less stamina. 

One thing about Stealth if you are a controller/dominator. Once you have a pet out, you are breaking invisibility and losing all the defense that these invisibility powers are providing.

I find more useful Maneuvers if you are looking for stacking defense. Your pets and team mates will benefit from Maneuvers all the time toggle is on. You can "fix" your stealth status placing a Stealth IO in a running power + Ninja Run from P2W vendor (or similar). With these 2 running powers with stealth IO will be enough to run through some NPCs and skip some rooms.

I dont use Invisibility Pool anymore at all in any of my toons.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, judgebeo said:

Hey! thanks!! I was asking why to use superior invis instead of stealth, i mean, when i looked at defense stealth got better numbers BEFORE you start fighting, once you attack the two got the same defense value, and, once you start fighting your "stealth" (at least as i saw) is useless, you are detected anyway.

But reading you i thought that "why you need that defense if you are not fighting?", so, maybe, the bonus defense before you engage is not very useful, and superior invis cost less stamina. 

No problem! I'm not an expert on Stealth by any means. I'm pretty sure that only the first attack you get hit with from stealth takes into account that higher defense value. It may be worth considering, but I only worry about defensive numbers when in combat and not stealthed.

1 hour ago, Wimbochismo said:

No problem! I'm not an expert on Stealth by any means. I'm pretty sure that only the first attack you get hit with from stealth takes into account that higher defense value. It may be worth considering, but I only worry about defensive numbers when in combat and not stealthed.

I did the tests with the two with the stats window open. Initially the stealth got 7.x and invis 2.x, but when you attack the two got the same value

• Like 1

Superior Invisibility is better stealth than Stealth with pretty close defense numbers and a little bit more endurance cost.  It's a desirable pick to have in your primary set since it gives you access to a defense power to slot a lotg.  Most doms would go with Stealth as one of their pool picks but this lets you make an easy choice of Combat Jumping instead with a nonexistent endurance cost and another good defense power.   

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1

Superior Invisibility puts you at the stealth cap for non-stalkers (200ft) and the stealth doesn't suppress when attacking.  I believe it used to suppress for 6 seconds as opposed to the 10 seconds of normal stealth forms, but I don't remember when the non-suppression change occurred.  If you are Illusion, there is little reason to not take it, especially coupled with non-agro Deceive being so strong.

• 3 months later