From the darkness bring me into the light.

Etched

Great news is abound however,  we are left in the dark. The Devs may see base construction as a lesser topic but there are many of us that would like to know.

What's comin?

I was told by a very trustworthy source that there is but they know very little other then something is comin.

So I'm askin the base reps, @Easter Bunny and @Dacy to bring us into the light. 

Are there goin to be additions and bug fixes comin in the next updates  that is more constructive then coffee mugs? NPCs, lightin,  new anything? Details would be tremendous. 

Thank you for any answers good or bad.

Dedicated builder,

@Etched

• Retired Community Rep

Etched, we are prohibited from revealing what's coming before it's released, and believe me, that is hard to do.

The reason for this is because if we tell you it's coming, and something happens to take it out of the lineup before it arrives, then we have to explain that what we said is now not true, and people can get upset, is the rationale, so it's better to show what we've got when we're sure we've got it.

Now, if you join the closed test server, you can see what's coming. And test it. But you are also prohibited from revealing it at that point.

However, the next issue is moving to open test soon, and they have revealed what's coming here . As far as bases go, as usual, the programming goes into what serves both the majority of the players and the devs own personal tastes, and that's work on powersets, difficulty, and, well...read the open letter. There will be new base items coming. The timing on several of them will be bittersweet. As usual, the items are all created to the highest standards by our base item creator, and are marvelous.

What bugs in bases would you want to see fixed? Other than shift. The solution for fixing shift seems to be "put everything back on grid only", and that's not something most people want, especially as we have the option to use the grid already. I would love to see place-able lighting, like I'm sure you would, to avoid having to sink lights into things when using indoor lighting, that would be awesome! I have asked for this a few times. I have no idea if the idea was taken up or not, because I don't get to know what might be coming until it shows up on test. 🙂 I would not look for new NPCs; if they do anything with NPCs, it would probably be to slim down the editor catalogue by making NPCs  more like characters that you customize to some extent, but again, that's programming, and our volunteer staff can only do so much, which is why they are asking for people who might be able to help, to please help.

Hopefully, we will all get to see the new stuff soon! I'm always excited by new things, no matter what they are. Tho there are definitely things I'm hoping for the most!

-Dacy

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you for the reply and time as base Rep.

I understand you nor Easter cannot disclose what is comin but you offered more info than the devs have at this point, even if it is vague. 

I'm personally lookin forward to whatever is comin out and envisionin  all the great builds in the future and I'm sure I am not the only one. 

One of the two bugs that have been buggin me is the category switching when I move from one room to another. If I pick a category it would be nice to maintain that category until I decide to change it and not when I go from one room to another.  Hopefully we'll see fixes for that and the rest.

Thanks again and happy buildin.

@Etched

• Like 1