MMO vet looking for advice for CoH

On 1/19/2024 at 4:28 PM, Ironblade said:

Re tanks, I've done shield/axe and dark/dark.  Dark armor can have END issues due to the number of toggles but you can make it work - even in extreme cases.  I did a concept build named Toggle Man.  He's a dark armor / spines scrapper and runs 16 toggles in combat just to make a point.  🙂

Did Toggle Man respec so he can run combat jumping and super jump at the same time? I bet that change made Toggle Man super happy.

11 hours ago, dtjunkie said:

Did Toggle Man respec so he can run combat jumping and super jump at the same time? I bet that change made Toggle Man super happy.

No.  I actually based the build on the piece of prose about Toggle Man that someone wrote back on the live forums.

So he adheres to the restrictions that were in place at the time.

If you want to read the story, link is in my signature.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

People that come from other MMOs often harbor the “pure” mentality when it comes to support and Tank roles.

That doesn’t work here.

There is no better way to spot an inexperienced player than someone that takes the first attack of their set, ignore all other attacks, take all the heals/res and dip into the medicine pool, or the one attack + taunt “pure” tank. Get that notion out of your system ASAP.

if you think being a healer is an automatic invite on teams then you are in for a rude awakening. You are going to see this progression as you level:

early game to early 20s - people need heals, these are the levels where you will feel valued if all you do is heal.

Level 20s on - twinked builds need heals less and you will see emergence of builds capable of carrying teams especially if they are level 50s with attuned sets participating in lower level content. You will not be the center of attention and those twinked builds will carry the team with or without your dedicated healing.

Good emps will support the team with buffs and enable teammates that lack mez protection to fight on via clear mind and heal when necessary. All the while mixing in attacks or controls.

Not so good emps sit around with healing aura on autocast, never attack, only buff the tank and insist that EVERYONE “gather for RA” every 2 minutes.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!