Patch changes are up, it's huge.

Argentae

There is an entire new primary set for Controller/Dominators and matching secondary for Dominators: Arsenal Control and Arsenal Assault.

Striga is now villain Co-Op bunch of new arcs and content on Striga.
HUGE number of tweaks.

Including Telekinesis, something that's been needed for a long time in my personal opinion, the target cap dropping to 5 without changing the end cost has made it kinda broken ever since ED hit.

The new Telekinesis is completely different:

• Mind Control/Telekinesis:
    • No longer holds
    • Now Immobilizes
    • Target cap increased to 16
    • Radius increased to 20'
    • Will now keep the targets between 40 and 60 feet from the player
    • Will group enemies close to the main target (i.e. "reverse repel" or "pull towards").
    • Toggle now lasts a max of 30s before auto-shutdown

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the change yet, but as it pulls mobs together into a clump and provides an immob effect it and maintains distance? Umm. That sounds interesting. And would give mind a unique positioning control +immob. Need to see how it plays, if it's still the same end cost. I don't know. It sounds like you can sort of move the clumped up spawn?  

Anyway, a LOT to read through and discuss!  Feel free to post things you flagged on in the patch notes below. I haven't finished reading it myself, just got to the TK change...

The issue I see with it is that it's got a 30 second limit and still has the same recharge.   Meaning Mind Control still is limited in its setting up of containment against AVs.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

Yeah two sleeps is only thing I don’t like really. I’d try and switch something so you can skip the sleeps. I’ll try it out still. Maybe a beanbag shot that stuns one?  Single target sleep seems pretty worthless teaming. 

4 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Tbh the set looks awful. And if it is like any other of the new power sets made by HC, I can't see it being used much!

Have you actually tried it or are you just nay saying?  It's got a lot of good mechanics to it and is pretty fun.

What this team needs is more Defenders

I've been playing around a bit with the new TK on test on a Mind/Storm build.

Initial reaction:

It has some potential, I like the way it looks. The reverse repel is excellent. 

As it exists though it's a VERY poor swap for the existing TK.

I can understand why they want to give Mind/ an immob, not having a durable containment setting power like every other Control primary is really unfair given everything being balanced around Containment. The new TK could fill that slot, but the recharge being set to 2 minutes and the end cost still being 3.12 end per second makes it useless as an every spawn power. 
Another problem is it does NOT apply a -kb.

It also doesn't last anywhere near 30 seconds. I was testing as a lvl 50 in PI against lvl 43 mobs and it barely lasted 20 seconds and then went into a 2-minute cool down.

So first pass synopsis, obviously very subjective, maybe it gets better with a lot of practice, but I'm pretty good with Mind/ and used to use TK a lot back in the day.

It went from auto hit to needing to slot accuracy. -- usefulness

It is no longer a hold it's only an immob. - usefulness though having an immob in mind would be useful

The target cap has gone back to 16 + usefulness

Cool down is still 2 minutes -- usefulness given it's now being a every spawn kind of power, rather than a situational power

Endurance cost is still 3.12 PER SECOND which has been broken ever since the target cap was dropped to 5. -- usefulness

Having the TK immob lack a -kb component reduces the utility substantially compared to most other Controller Primary immobs. Which is absurd considering the huge recharge and massive endurance cost - usefulness

The ability to use it as a positioning power is really only largely theoretical. I had the repel reverse and pull them towards me on some DE mobs on a beach in PI. 
I threw a Tornado at the spawn and watched the spawn explode like bowling pins.

In summary, a power that has been broken since ED (end cost was never adjusted when target cap was gutted to 5) but was still situationally useful, has been replaced by a power that while it has some potential, is currently worse in almost every way. 

This is literally the point of having a beta test though! 🙂
This change has potential, but needs MAJOR tweaks as it stands.

22 hours ago, Argentae said:

I've been playing around a bit with the new TK on test on a Mind/Storm build.

Initial reaction:

It has some potential, I like the way it looks. The reverse repel is excellent. 

As it exists though it's a VERY poor swap for the existing TK.

I can understand why they want to give Mind/ an immob, not having a durable containment setting power like every other Control primary is really unfair given everything being balanced around Containment. The new TK could fill that slot, but the recharge being set to 2 minutes and the end cost still being 3.12 end per second makes it useless as an every spawn power. 
Another problem is it does NOT apply a -kb.

It also doesn't last anywhere near 30 seconds. I was testing as a lvl 50 in PI against lvl 43 mobs and it barely lasted 20 seconds and then went into a 2-minute cool down.

So first pass synopsis, obviously very subjective, maybe it gets better with a lot of practice, but I'm pretty good with Mind/ and used to use TK a lot back in the day.

It went from auto hit to needing to slot accuracy. -- usefulness

It is no longer a hold it's only an immob. - usefulness though having an immob in mind would be useful

The target cap has gone back to 16 + usefulness

Cool down is still 2 minutes -- usefulness given it's now being a every spawn kind of power, rather than a situational power

Endurance cost is still 3.12 PER SECOND which has been broken ever since the target cap was dropped to 5. -- usefulness

Having the TK immob lack a -kb component reduces the utility substantially compared to most other Controller Primary immobs. Which is absurd considering the huge recharge and massive endurance cost - usefulness

The ability to use it as a positioning power is really only largely theoretical. I had the repel reverse and pull them towards me on some DE mobs on a beach in PI. 
I threw a Tornado at the spawn and watched the spawn explode like bowling pins.

In summary, a power that has been broken since ED (end cost was never adjusted when target cap was gutted to 5) but was still situationally useful, has been replaced by a power that while it has some potential, is currently worse in almost every way. 

This is literally the point of having a beta test though! 🙂
This change has potential, but needs MAJOR tweaks as it stands.

Can you share the build you used?

I just made a mind/storm controller on live for some solo play but not sure how to slot it