Did I miss this back then?

Azrath

I only ever played smurfsquids back in the day, so I thought it'd be fun to try out a MFing Warshade after reading a certain very amusing guide linked in another thread.  Made a kickass costume, picked a great name, joined in and dove straight into the sewers on an awesome team.  By the time we emerged in Skyway I was ready to mug Minx and get more tentacles than you can shake a Japanese Schoolgirl at.

I was a little surprised to see that when I flipped into Dark Nova; not only was Ebon Eye not greyed out; it actually had a spot in the default squid power tray that loaded up.  Before I could give it a try and eye-fry something in hentai mode; I lost connection and haven't been able to get back in.

Did Novas get buffed to get eye-beam access and I just never noticed?

Be excellent to eachother!

Penumbra Dancer, Everlasting; Warshade

Yep, Novas can now use the eye beam attack from the regular powerset.  Not sure yet if there's anything else that's been enabled.

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

never played shade on live so rolled one and up to level 20, seems pretty cool in teams but bit squishy at times.

real WTF we can't swap button positions on shade bar ... wonder if that's server or client locked?

Update FYI: null the gull can remove the shapeshift bar

As I recall it, there didn't used to be a default tray so maybe they're giving you a preset one.

When I played them,we had to make our own trays up and write macros. Typically you'd have a form change macro that swapped in like tray 8 or whatever where you put your nova attacks and also 2 buttons were macros for going to human or tank form. When applicable we'd maybe have a hover turned on along with the swap to keep things smooth.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Yeah. In the patch notes the rationale given for enabling the eye beams in nova was to "fill in nova attack chains."

But I don't have any gaps in my nova's attack chain. Bolt-blast-bolt-aoe has served me well even pre-single origin enhancements. If anything needed its attack chain filled out it was dwarf.

I haven't had time to do the math. Is it more dps or something?

• 3 weeks later

I recall the Powers being setup differently on the manage page. With the Nova/Dwarf powers/slots on the right.

Maybe it is the bigger resolution?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

No the powers were moved over, so the display is different than before. It's in the I25 patch notes.  (I think the intent was to make Kheldians power selection screen look more like Widow/Spider screens.)

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!