Energy/Sonic

Tonio

Looking for a build for Energy/Sonic blaster.  Would prefer ranged rather than blapper, but blapper would work if necessary.   Looking for solo play, so no need to kb2kd on ST powers, but would rather have it for AoEs.  Also, looking for high def/res (again, solo play).  High inf cost not an issue.

Appreciate any help, thanks!

If you do not want to blap, why are you choosing to go /Sonic? One of /Sonic's best -res powers is a toggle that requires you to be in melee for it to be effective, not to mention its hardest hitting attacks are melee ones (actually, arguably 80% of its powers are melee).

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

7 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

If you do not want to blap, why are you choosing to go /Sonic? One of /Sonic's best -res powers is a toggle that requires you to be in melee for it to be effective, not to mention its hardest hitting attacks are melee ones (actually, arguably 80% of its powers are melee).

If /sonic's good for blapping, then I'll go blapper, no problem! It's a theme/concept build; I'm more tied to the powersets (and costume) than the playstyle.  I'm more used to hover/fly blasting than blapping, which is why I'm leaning towards that playstyle (familiarity), but if blapping is what /sonic is good at, then I'll take it. 

20 minutes ago, Tonio said:

If /sonic's good for blapping, then I'll go blapper, no problem! It's a theme/concept build; I'm more tied to the powersets (and costume) than the playstyle.  I'm more used to hover/fly blasting than blapping, which is why I'm leaning towards that playstyle (familiarity), but if blapping is what /sonic is good at, then I'll take it. 

Have you looked at /Sonic's powers? That was why I was asking. Energy doesn't lend itself well to blapping though as it's loaded with knockback, unless you want to convert that KB to KD. Granted, I have an Energy/Martial blaster that is a load of fun.

If you want a more ranged concept, Energy/Energy, Energy/Devices, Energy/TA are pairings I can think of off the top of my head.

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

10 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Have you looked at /Sonic's powers? That was why I was asking. Energy doesn't lend itself well to blapping though as it's loaded with knockback, unless you want to convert that KB to KD. Granted, I have an Energy/Martial blaster that is a load of fun.

If you want a more ranged concept, Energy/Energy, Energy/Devices, Energy/TA are pairings I can think of off the top of my head.

I admit I hadn't looked closely at /sonic's powers.  I do see what you mean now, definitely.  What primary sets would be good matches for /sonic, then? Elec? Psi? Rad?

2 hours ago, Tonio said:

I admit I hadn't looked closely at /sonic's powers.  I do see what you mean now, definitely.  What primary sets would be good matches for /sonic, then? Elec? Psi? Rad?

I honestly haven't delved a ton into it, but I'd think that anything that doesn't mind being in melee range. I think Psy prefers range, but Elec, Rad, Dual Pistols, Seismic, and probably others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Like I said, I have an Energy/Martial blaster; they're a bit at odds, but it's still a really fun combo to play if you really wanted to try Energy/Sonic.

Personally, I have a DP/Sonic & Seismic/Sonic, but I've been out of the game for a while so I haven't played them super recently.

3 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I honestly haven't delved a ton into it, but I'd think that anything that doesn't mind being in melee range. I think Psy prefers range, but Elec, Rad, Dual Pistols, Seismic, and probably others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Like I said, I have an Energy/Martial blaster; they're a bit at odds, but it's still a really fun combo to play if you really wanted to try Energy/Sonic.

Personally, I have a DP/Sonic & Seismic/Sonic, but I've been out of the game for a while so I haven't played them super recently.

Thanks for the help!

I'm gonna try Elec/Sonic.  I saw someone else post a build for that (well, a screenshot of one), so I guessed a bit at what was missing, and changed it a tiny bit.  Would you mind seeing if there's anything glaringly obviously wrong with it?

Tunes - Blaster (Electrical Blast - Sonic Manipulation).mbd

3 hours ago, Tonio said:

Thanks for the help!

I'm gonna try Elec/Sonic.  I saw someone else post a build for that (well, a screenshot of one), so I guessed a bit at what was missing, and changed it a tiny bit.  Would you mind seeing if there's anything glaringly obviously wrong with it?

Tunes - Blaster (Electrical Blast - Sonic Manipulation).mbd 42.65 kB · 1 download

I unfortunately don't really do builds; one of those things I have trouble wrapping my head around. I just soak up a lot of random knowledge between here and playing lol. Hopefully one of the folks good at building can take a look for you and help out!

• Thanks 1