Fire/Fire Blaster help

Trixstir

So returning (pretty much new) Spent 3 hours just trying to look at builds at start planning, I guess it really don't mater since I can respec and probably want something a bit different while leveling. But has not much changed and all the 4+ year info is still about what it is for this build. been pretty crazy to see the differing amount of builds people have come up with.  But ya hopping I am not to crazy picking this for some group content . Just remember playing one back at launch and was sad because friend at the time was a Fire/Fire tanker and would afk while I played by self killing everything he pulled lol 

Welcome back!  

Fire/Fire is classic and never gets old.  Lots of discussions already here on the forums about them.  Here is the latest from a couple weeks ago that has a few builds offered...

You can also search the blaster forum section for fire/fire and find some others as well.  Have a read and let us know if you have any specific questions. 

Have fun!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks a bunch was up for 3-4 hours longer than planned to be looking at threads and others builds.  Think i had a tab open with this and closed it and forgot about it a lot of questions answered looking there. But last big question would be for group content is there a major threat of pulling agro if you are playing the up close melee aoe stuff? I thought that was the reason to play a fire/fire blaster but seeing a lot of more ranged builds with like hover that i thought would be hard to get burn and stuff like that off but I may be wrong. But one of the reasons i didn't play long at launch was sad that my friend a fire/fire tank afked and i had to sit there and solo while he tanked whole mission while i tried to kill it lol

Those ranged hover builds are missing out.

melee is dangerous, but you also have better/easier access to good builds, all you need is a little finesse.

if you want to play a fire/fire to its intended potential, ignore those range only builds and embrace the proper use of your melee toolkit as well as your ranged toolkit.

• Like 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Thanks again you two for the info. now back to enjoying the level ups and story. Can't wait to have to learn how all the end game stuff works out looks like a lot. Burn on for now tell our paths cross again.

Bonfire is getting fixed or nerfed if you’re going triple fire. It’s probably still good. I’ve got a triple fire that is fun. Has rise of the phoenix 5 slotted. Might need it more now. 

I'm looking for good Fire/Fire builds that allow me to use Hover/Fly but not in the way most want to use it for pure ranged. I use them to hover just above mob packs and keep them in aura range to get roasted and employ Fire Sword/FS Circle to keep the pressure on. Any good builds that can apply this over taking Jumping pool I would love to take a look at so I can learn from them. o7

On 1/25/2024 at 11:05 PM, Nemu said:

Those ranged hover builds are missing out.

melee is dangerous, but you also have better/easier access to good builds, all you need is a little finesse.

if you want to play a fire/fire to its intended potential, ignore those range only builds and embrace the proper use of your melee toolkit as well as your ranged toolkit.

I was interested in your high DPS build in an old thread, but could not get to open in MRB v3.3.6 Page 6. Do you have it saved as a .mbd? I'm tired of my tanks, trollers, and MMs and want to live in the Danger Zone a bit.

9 hours ago, Bacon Wrangler said:

MRB v3.3.6 Page 6

That's a few versions back, I'm not sure if the build I created is backwards compatible. New version is available here:

https://midsreborn.com/

If all else fails the actual build with actual description of powers/enhancements is in the post.

You also might want to read the rest of that post. Most people that want "max damage" don't really know what they are getting themselves into with a blaster and often settle for a build that's more defensively oriented (at the expense of "max damage"). It's evidenced by the OP of that thread and also the OP of the thread I linked in my reply there. I don't want you to waste all those resources only to find out that the playstyle isn't a good fit for you.

Firex3.mbd

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!